Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

love me sweet


E
lvis got that right "Love me tender love me sweet..." I have a new lover and her name is Black Garlic. I have been so eager to receive these that I was flagging down FedEx trucks to see if they had my package. Sure enough my local driver said she did not but the other girl around the corner does so I high tailed over to where she was and waited outside her truck for her to get there. Now, my FedEx people know me and they know I get anxious so she threw open the gate and gave me my box with no hesitation. I ripped it open right there on the spot and I was hit with the wonderful sweet smell of Madagascar and Tahitian vanilla beans - it smelled like a cigar shop. Had my new lover been cheating on me already?



I dug around in the box to get past the nice little vanilla bean bonus and there they were, my sweet little mistresses waiting for me, calling me with their brown and weathered looking skin. I knew that beneath that rough exterior was a soft black beauty. I gently opened the package and pulled one out and she smelled more exotic than I had imagined so I undressed her right there on the street so that I could feel her supple black interior with my own hands. She was soft, very soft and sticky sweet as I nibbled at her coyishly. This love affair was going to last, I thought immediately!



Instincts kicked right in so I took her upstairs and I knew instantly what I was going to do. Shrimp and grits, but not just any old shrimp and any old grits this was going to be a sweet and spicy chile shrimp with cheesey yellow corn grits freckled with black garlic.



It was so good the first time I had to have her twice and I have to tell you now that if I didnt think there was plenty of this heavenly treat I wouldnt tell you a thing about it - its that good.



My first plate was subtle with barely a hint of the black garlics sweet caramelized goodness, I went easy on her not knowing if she was a vixen in silk robes or a timid and demure cinderella, but my second plate was loaded with a double dose of her soft and sweet pungency. My lover came from so far away, my little mail order bride, and I am going to cherish her and love her forever!

33 comments:

Angel said...

ok...I need to take a cold shower now!!! ;) you DO have a way with words Dog.......

The Diva on a Diet said...

~swoon~ In every sense of the word. Can I come live with you?! I promise not to come between you and your mail order lover. ;)

Angie's Recipes said...

You know how to describe IT. The dish does look very sexy!

Anette said...

A true lovestory, it doesn't get better than that! Love per os.

pigpigscorner said...

I want to dive into that dish. I've never had black garlic before, have to look out for it!

teresa said...

black garlic!? i learn something new everytime i get on your blog! i'll leave you two alone now!

Chef E said...

I'm jealous...

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing!! I've never done grits before, but I am sure I'd like them with cheese! :D

Lauren said...

awesome post, Christo! I'm drooling.

Jenn said...

You know I only discovered these a few weeks ago. Someone had on their blog, too. I'm intrigued by them. I must get me some!!!

Anonymous said...

I so picked the wrong time to read this post. I am starving!!!!!

Being as I can drive 1/2 mile from my house and get shrimp right off the boat, shrimp and grits is a fav with me. YUM.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Wow-black garlic!! You do have a tendency to seek out the exotic stuff!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

SHRIMP AND GRITS... whoo whoo

OK, give up teh secret... where can we get black garlic???

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Ha! Take it easy, Tiger.

Reeni said...

I've never even heard of black garlic. It sounds so exotic. Shrimp and grits is a huge favorite of mine. I love this!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Wow what a saucy minx that garlic is! You really showed her a good time... :)

Anonymous said...

What an excellent twist on shrimp and grits with the addition of black garlic, I love it! I've actually seen black garlic in my store (wegmans) a few weeks ago but have failed to pick it up, need to do that for sure if I see it again.

Velva said...

You have a way of expressing yourself :-) I like it!

You have tell me more about black garlic! What sets it apart besides color from other garlic? The garlic has really peaked my interest....I'm thinking I will google this one.

Your dish of shrimp and grits looked divine.

KennyT said...

I wish I could get black garlic in HK.

Joanne said...

I have never heard of black garlic before but if it has that kind of effect on you then I really need to try it. This looks absolutely fantastic!

buffalodick said...

Black garlic is a new one on me, but it sounds pretty good!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...Bravo! blogging at its best!...

vanillasugarblog said...

you are so lucky to have that vanilla. I love to splurge on that really good stuff.

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I'm blushing - er, drooling - well maybe both. The black garlic is intriguing - and that grits and shrimp I want to dive into. I just got some of that vanilla sent my way too and can't wait to use it.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I've never heard of black garlic. Always fun to learn something new. Love the shrimp.

The Blonde Duck said...

LOL! You love your garlic!

Marjie said...

Isn't it nice when the FedEx and UPS drivers know you? Here's a scary story: A couple of years back I had to take our tax return to the FedEx terminal at 5PM on a Saturday. You know I was moving fast in my Suburban. When I got out, the 4 guys congregated on the sidewalk said, "Well, if when you called to see when we were closing you had told us you were coming from Thor's house, we would have told you we'd wait for you! We don't want Thor mad at us." Maybe your FedEx lady just likes you!

The Duo Dishes said...

People seem very hot and bothered over their black garlic. :) Must be good!

Heather S-G said...

Oh, I'm jealous!! I've had a crush from afar on this beauty forever! I'm so glad to hear how worth it she is...now I must hunt down her twin.

chow and chatter said...

oh wow now thats a shrimp and grits this was a fab post

tavolini said...

That looks just awesome! I love the flavors--I could eat that all three meals.

LOL about the FedEx people! You are brave, that black garlic looks kind of sketchy to me....

Christina said...

Wow, I'd never heard of black garlic! The grits look amazing - are you submitting to BSI!? haha I won't stand a chance! ;)

Magic of Spice said...

Fantastic looking dish! I love, love black garlic :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin