Pages

Thursday, December 03, 2009

lets go shopping

Bells and whistles or is that whistles and bells? I have found that I do not have enough bells and whistles on my blog so now and then I start a series that I only do one of, I am not too good at repetition. Remember I was going to do the 'outtakes' series and the 'this and that' series and the 'whatever other dumb name I came up with' series - remember? Well this is no different.



This one is a 'lets go shopping' a series about food shopping.



Signs, signs every where there's signs. Now thats a dog I'd like to meet. Damn it does everything.



Oh yeah, I am guest blogging again, and I am doing it here. Shrimp and scallop "carpaccio" with szechuan buttons..if you think it looks good try and imagine how good it tasted! Go check out my post to see what I said about Szechuan buttons.

Carpaccio of Scallop and Shrimp with Sechuan Buttons

Perparation

Thinly sliced:
radish
fennel
shrimp – lightly steamed
scallops – raw
szechuan buttons (really small pieces of a button to a button and a half per serving)

For the salad:
mandarin orange
fennel fronds
mesclun
lime
salt/pepper
olive oil

Assemble supremes of mandarin, fennel fronds, mixed greens with the thinly sliced items on a plate and drizzle with olive oil and a small squeeze of lime and salt and pepper.

I am submiting this to Beet&Squash for Battle Fennel!



Never say NY does not have rules. You can plainly see that I didnt even get all the way through the series before I got distracted and lost my steam.



This is one fine steak!

14 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Well, time like this, I go online shopping! Just two pairs of Bronx shoes!

Jenn said...

Ah, shopping. I can't handle the crowds.

vanillasugarblog said...

I should take photos when I go to whole foods (that's the only good place we have around here).

Ciao Chow Linda said...

What is that greyish-purplish chicken? I think I've seen something like that on Iron Chef but can't recall the name. Looks a little freaky to eat.

MrsLavendula said...

look at that steak!

Harmony said...

I thought the purple/grey chicken was a toy dinosaur in the preview window, what is that?

The shrimp and scallop "carpaccio" with szechuan buttons looks amazing, although I am not a seafood eater.

Love the pictures..thanks for posting them!

buffalodick said...

Give me that prime rib, and sell my clothes- I'm goin' to Heaven...

The Diva on a Diet said...

Ha! I'd like to meet that dog too. I'm still laughing over it. :)

Marjie said...

"No beverage alcohol?" How about alcohol popsicles?

theUngourmet said...

Those signs are great! You're right, that is one talented dog!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I'm sorta offended by the fact that bunched wine coolers into the "no alcohol" sign. Who in the world would by those except for 16 year old kids who shouldn't be drinking anyway. Long live the boons farm...haha.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your dish with szechuan buttons looks incredible! I'm really intrigued by those and looking forward to trying soon (should get them next week).

Heather S-G said...

Um. What is that creepy little baby dinosaur!?

Diana H said...

Where is the keep off the grass sign? When we moved away from Queens that was the one we had trouble with. Do you know how difficult it is to walk across a lawn when you move away from NYC? Oh yeah, food looks good too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin