Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

booty

http://www.korin.com/superfile/knifes/HKR-CD-SA165.jpg


I got some booty for my birthday and I didnt have to make a booty call to get it, now thats some good booty. Pirate booty that is, I got some goods. I got some beach trekker shoes since I prefer barefoot or sandals this was a happy middle. I got an azurite necklace since I am hippified like that and I wear that kind of thing with my barefeet or sandals, and I got a new knife and a case to carry my knives around in from this guy that I have known for 30 years now.




All in all it was a great haul and the knife gift was out of the blue and a big surprise, I even got to pick it out. This Japanese beauty came from Korin. It is a fine damascus steel santoku gem that I will cherish forever. I dont have a lot of knives but I dont have a few either and each one is treated with care from my humble little pocket knives up to my custom made sushi knives. I have had a knife in my pocket for as long as I can remember. My grandfather gave me my first pocket knife when I was about 8 or 10 and I still have it. I have some inexpensive kitchen knives that I use constantly and my good kitchen knives that I use as much, all my knives get some 'play' now and again, and a rag tag collection it is!

20 comments:

tavolini said...

very nice--I concur with you about the barefoot thing. Luckily, in Georgia, weather is conducive to flip flops or barefoot about 75% of the year.

Anette said...

You can't beat a good knife! Such a lucky guy you are!

Spin said...

That is quite the knife!

The Blonde Duck said...

You can't beat a good kitchen knife! Hope you had a wonderful b-day!

Christo Gonzales said...

tavolini: I wear sandals in the snow, I cant stand shoes...ok ok thats a little exaggerated but not far from the truth

anette: I feel so lucky thats the real thing....

spin: its so pretty I havent used it yet..

Christo Gonzales said...

the blonde duck: and I hope you did too....thanks

pinknest said...

very nice indeed.

Ken said...

Nice knife! Something tells me, you really, really, really like your new knife, huh?
As you should, it's a tool.

Marjie said...

So, are you carrying the knife around while you're flip-flop shod and necklace hippified in Manhattan? I know that wouldn't attract stares there, but there might be some "authorities" who'd be concerned....

Christo Gonzales said...

pinknest: you need to check this store out its down on Warren near the raccoon inn or lodge, if you like knives, there is one beauty they are asking 3k for.

micky-t: I like knives and a brand stinkin' new one....whew....

marjie: who are these 'authorities' and believe me I blend right in....

Michelle Ann said...

I am sooo having knife envy right now...

buffalodick said...

That is one Hell of a knife, and you know that I know what I'm talking about!

buffalodick said...

I have to add, after I blew up the picture, it appears to have been etched for cosmetic enhancement- makes it prettier, with no loss of quality.

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: its etched with the same symbols as the box - I understand it is the craftsmans mark, those other swirls are the result of it being damascus style steel.

Mandi said...

Its so nice when you get an unexpected surprise especially when its a good one!!!

Love the "guys" photography, fantastic!!!

buffalodick said...

Correct! Their knife is of superior quality and beauty..

Christo Gonzales said...

mandi: he needs work.....toss him a bone

buff: you dont have to tell me, someone stole a damascus pocket knife from me a few years ago and so help me exxon he will get cut by that knife...(damn did I just get upset) Then their was that Bowie knife that some other victim walked away with.....not my karma but god help you when you steal a knife from me.

Joy said...

Way cool! You got some good gifts and surprises and everything! Yea you!!

Mandi said...

It might be a bit of a hike for a photography job, but hey you never know!!!!!

His stuff is really interesting, not your normal "posed" crap.

Kitt said...

What a pretty knife! Sharpest one in the drawer? Much nicer than a "6-inch stiff boner with SofGrip."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin