Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Creative Cooking Crew Challenge: nut butter, green apples, bacon, vinegar

Has it been another month already? Where does the time go? Well Joan and Lazaro have put forth our monthly challenge and this time it was a basket of goodies and we had to use them all. The ingredients are: nut butter, green apples, bacon and vinegar. I said to myself - no problemo - I knew what I was going to do immediately.
I made green apple "caviar" and I candied some bacon with maple syrup and brown sugar and I made some peanut butter snow and I made a green apple vinaigrette - all of this went on my arugula and strawberry salad.
Thats pretty much all she wrote! And as the first three letters in my paragraphs suggest - this was a
big HIT!

12 comments:

Joan Nova said...

Now that's creative! Well done Chef.

frost said...

this really looks interesting

Evelyne CulturEatz said...

great creativity and presentation, love the apple caviar

Unknown said...

this sounds absolutely incredible!! love the presentation, and i'd love to dig in :)

Jennifer Kendall said...

so creative and sounds so delicious!

Lazaro Cooks said...

Love the presentation.

Christo Gonzales said...

thanks everyone :)

LaDivaCucina said...

I want to learn to make "caviar" and dust. I like the different textures and colors. The ingredients easily lend themselves to a salad, I like the idea of the strawberries.

Deana Sidney said...

Another beautiful dish. You do have a way with slate! The colors and patterns are super... great challenge.

A.L.M. said...

Hi I'm Ana from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
from 1 to 10.

There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your voted recipes. Each recipe has a link to the blog which belongs the recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog.

It's easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be here.

I invite you to enter, add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo.

You are able to see your stats:

-Number of visits to your blog from Fooduel.com.
-Number of votes received every day
-Number of votes received by each category
-Number of votes for each grade (1-10)
-Number of votes for each recipe.

Look this example of one profile stats: http://fooduel.com/stats1.png

We would love that you participate with some recipe.Look Amazing!

Regards

http://www.Fooduel.com

Erica said...

What a beautiful dish!Very creative and interesting!

Stacey Snacks said...

Love those slate boards, don't you?
I bought a long one, and a big one! Beautiful presentation!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin