Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Morely speaking


Tired of morel mushroom posts yet? I am almost finished showcasing these lovely little fungi. This is short sweet and simple. I made morel "ravioli" with brown sage butter and garlic.


The "ravioli" are simply two layers of pasta dough with morel mushroom slices sandwiched in between. This style of pasta is exceptionally good with a nice clear broth as well, place some basil leaves between the pasta sheets for a nice green leafy presentation -pasta en brodo.



This is some traditional cheese ravioli with morel pasta, I rolled the mushrooms into the dough infusing it with the earthy richness of the morel mushrooms, these were good with a simple cream sauce. So if you are not completely bored with morels stay tuned only a couple more ideas to go.

16 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

Given how long it's been since I was last here, I haven't had my fill of morels yet. I'll take both these versions - the morel, the better! (No doubt you've heard that joke morel times than you care . . . okay, okay, I'm done).

Jill said...

I need to stay away from your blog during the "witching" hour. Looks fantastic as usual.

Cynthia said...

You torture me with your morels!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

Putting morels IN the pasta dough? Inspired!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Brown sage butter! I love that you made your own ravioli!

♥peachkins♥ said...

That is some great-looking ravioli...

Maggie said...

OMG those first ones look so pillowy and delicious!!

Did you use dried or fresh morels in the pasta dough? I have a bunch of dried shiitakes to use up and I think I might grind them up and make linguine with them.

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

Could never grow tired of mushrooms! These look fantastic and withe the brown butter.....perfection!

theUngourmet said...

I never tire of morel posts. This looks most excellent!

pigpigscorner said...

Can't get enough of morels!

Joanne said...

Homemade ravioli. Can't beat it. Especially not when it's infused with morels at every step of the way.

Christo Gonzales said...

I used fresh mushrooms but I think it would work equally well with reconstituted dried and even using the liquid to add to the flour....

the constant hunger said...

I can't believe you make your own raviolis! You're a super star.

Jenn said...

I ain't tired of it yet and I'm getting into it late in the game. hehehe... Keep 'em coming. I dare ya!!!

Vickie said...

Looooove making and eating ravioli and can't even imagine the goodness of morels in this. Nice post!

Shirley said...

Absolutely great way of using morels.
http://www.enrichingyourkid.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin