Pages

Saturday, February 06, 2010

rice porridge hot


Rice porridge hot, rice porridge cold, rice porridge in the pot nine days old - No this is not the way the ditty goes and no this is not nine day old porridge, this is super tasty rice porridge that is minutes old.



As part of foodbuzz and their featured publisher TasteMaker program I occasionally get products to check out and this time around its from Kikkoman( I realized after a few hours of this post being up that the link for Kikkoman went to the EZ cracker egg cracker on youtube - if you saw this and were misguided please tell everyone). How can you go wrong with a 300 year old company.



I made a delicious shrimp and rice porridge, I had congee in mind when I was putting this together but the result was a little more porridge like.



Big pieces of shrimp, a little spring onion and a nice drizzle of Kikkoman Ponzu made this a lunch that was not only popular but landed in the pile of future requests. This sauce was so tasty with the hint of lime and the backbone of soy, I can think of so many other ways to enjoy it and trust me - I will!

24 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

HA! Now you cook like a Chinese! The congee looks exactly from a star restaurant!

Anette said...

I'd have this for my lunch any time!

George Gaston said...

Great little ditty you have going there! And I have to say that ponzu sauce is one of my favorite condiments.

I'll have to give your minute old porridge a try. Thanks...

Marjie said...

It looks like a great way to beat the snow you're having! Can you believe that we didn't get a single flake! 3" of snow not 30 miles south of here, and we're dry - woo hoo!

Cynthia said...

I need to plan my next vacation to be in the vicinity of your home! :)

Jeanne Estridge said...

Okay, now I'm hungry!!

Angel said...

looks good Dog...would I like this?

Christo Gonzales said...

angie: sometimes I channel asia, sometimes I channel the south pacific

anette: me too and I think I will for a while

george: if you want a recipe give me a holler

marjie: snow?

cynthia: or plan to have me around your home - sounds good too

jeanne: this is so satisfying you would be sated

beth: you would-its bland basically with the hint of shrimp and the twist of the ponzu and the green onion keeps the whole thing awake - it would be a snoozer otherwise...but its sooooo good!

Martha said...

Simple yet looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. Really reminds me of my trips to Japan....

chow and chatter said...

oh love this love congee had it for breakfast in hong kong

vanillasugarblog said...

wow, now that sounds so damn good.

Lea Ann said...

I've never heard of this Ponzu sauce. This all looks good and healthy, I think for now my vote still goes for that New York Hotdog. :-)

Jenn said...

Yummy porridge!! I'd like to have a bowl of that right about now. It's chilly out. I got some of that ponzu sauce too. Used it on some grilled fish.

KennyT said...

I thought you got this from a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, haha

Kim said...

Very good looking! I got the Lime flavor and love it!!!!

♥peachkins♥ said...

we love rice porridge here!! and we pair it with crispy tofu!

Joanne said...

I love kikkoman...totally trust all of their products. I've never had a savory rice porridge before (or...any rice porridge?) but I am a soy sauce addict. Looks good.

buffalodick said...

Looks pretty good to me right now! I gotta start dinner here pretty quick...

teresa said...

fantastic dish, i just want to dig in!

nora@ffr said...

doggyyy!!! m loving that porridge! :)
was having some prob with my network connection all these days!! but now all fixed!! thanx for passing by!!
cheers!

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence - I made a coconut soup today too - I used shabu shabu pork though - but your shrimp looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds really excellent with ponzu!

pigpigscorner said...

yummm porridge....kikkoman ponzu?? I've never seen that before.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin