Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

once upon a midnight dreary




baggage


When I open all my extra baggage
I find that the cases are empty.
Sure I can tell what used to
be there, little scraps of this
and little scraps of that
bits of yarn from long ago,
emotional crumbs
from long gone cookies, used gum.

Things that really don't matter.
Things that disappeared
faster than they ever arrived.
I was certain that my cases
were full of extra items,
items that I needed to sort through
memories that I wanted to cherish
and decide their fate but I am wrong.

The only thing left for me to do
is get rid of the baggage itself.
The only extra baggage I have
are the bags themselves,
empty save for the
odd useless tidbit.


cg3[2002-2008]

13 comments:

Dana said...

Wow! This was a bit of an eye-opener for *me*

buffalodick said...

Maybe it ain't baggage- maybe it's treasures that have devalued a little, but may climb again...

Tanya Kristine said...

did you write that?

Anette said...

Sometimes the wrapping is all there is..

snowelf said...

"I was certain that my cases
were full of extra items,
items that I needed to sort through
memories that I wanted to cherish
and decide their fate but I am wrong."

I totally feel like that too!
...wow.

--snow

Christo Gonzales said...

dana: it does do that doesnt it

Buff: like old things that become antiques?

tanya k: sure did

anette: thats so true

snow: I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing...

Tanya Kristine said...

really beautiful DB...i'll dedicate that song to you then :)

Michelle Ann said...

Deep baggage moments......awwwwww

Christo Gonzales said...

tk: thanks and thanks

michelle ann: yup deep baggage moments alright...

Anonymous said...

*blink* awesome.

MarmiteToasty said...

Baggage is ok only if you have all matching suitcases :).... its those that travel with mismatch cases.......

me, well I just travel with a tiny little rucksack, I dont take baggage with me.....

x

Christo Gonzales said...

marmitetoasty: thats the best way...less room to accumulate unwanted extras...

akakarma said...

It's funny how poems always seem to be spoken right to us!They are so narcissistic aren't they- in a lovely way! Like little mirrors.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin