Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

sweet spot


Who doesnt like dessert? There are times when the dessert is so enticing that I will intentionally give myself a small portion of the entree so that I can get to dessert sooner.

http://www.salmonellablog.com/cantaloupe-melon-md.jpg
With all the fresh fruits available right now its hard not to want to get them all and I invariably end up getting too much. My solution, sorbets and ice creams.
http://02b93fb.netsolhost.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/wineberriesashland708derekstoner-1024x741.jpg

I had made some avocado ice cream and then I made some cantaloupe sorbet and also some wineberry sorbet. Wineberries are a fantastic berry - somewhat of a cross between a raspberry and a strawberry and they are wild!



All three were great on their own but together it was like a chamber concert of deliciousness.



The sweet creamy avocado ice cream balanced nicely with the tart wineberry sorbet and the cantaloupe sorbet danced between them both like a ballerina.

21 comments:

snugs said...

We have already had the avacado ice cream discussion and I am not gonna go there again. The other 2 look wonderful, is that homemade waffles on the side??? Yummy..

vanillasugarblog said...

Nice. A little bit of everything. I have yet to try the avacado ice cream. How did you like it?

vanillasugarblog said...

sent to soon...forgot to say that I love how creative you've been :-)

Christo Gonzales said...

snugs: dont knock it till you try it - its so good! and yeah those are homemade waffles...

dawn: its good, it is rich but so good. thanks so much thats so nice to hear!

Melody said...

Looks amazing! The wineberry sorbet reminded of grandma. She would have strained every seed! I think it is a wonderful, diverse trio.

Jenn said...

I've never had wineberry before. Sounds awesome, if it's a cross between a raspberry and a strawberry.

I still want some of that avocado ice cream.

Heather S-G said...

Oh, I am intrigued by wineberries. All three look amazing...and luv your sweet heart-shaped waffles, LOL :D

Christo Gonzales said...

melody: I thought of straining the seeds but the nutty crunch stopped me

jenn: its a wild berry but it seems raspberry like with a strawberry twist...

girli: mid-july is when they are available around NY - yeah my old fashioned norwegian waffle maker..LOL!

Reeni said...

I wish the whole plate would dance my way!! Dreamy delicious!

Selba said...

Sorbets... Ice creams.... love them! the wineberry sounds so wonderful, must give it a try!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

wineberry is a new one on me. never heard of it. you are adventurous with that avocado ice cream. would love to try some.

Unknown said...

oh man...and i just gave up a trip to Baskin Robbins cuz I was thinking "I'm going to be good" and you throw this at me? Not fair!!!

KennyT said...

Love the colours of the ice-cream, so vibrant and blissful.

Angie's Recipes said...

Avocado ice cream is fascinating...never saw one here.

Angie's Recipes

Ken said...

damn you make pretty food!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

There are those wineberries again!

Anonymous said...

I made an avocado ice cream for my daughter and her friends and it was actually quite a hit! My daughter's friends all asked their moms if they could make the avocado ice cream like that for them at home :)

I would love to try the wineberry ice cream, that sounds good!

pigpigscorner said...

I've never heard of wineberries but they look good in the form of ice-cream!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

That wineberry sorbet looks awesome! Do you deliver ice cream...or wineberries:)

Diana H said...

I've been thinking about ice cream makers, do you use one?

Unknown said...

I had the same feeling about avocado ice cream too snugs until I made it myself. It's awesomeness! This is trio of tantalizing tasties Mr. Gonzales! I wish you'd enter my dessert wars contest...we need some testosterone over there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin