Julia Child was a maverick before there was any such thing. I have been a huge fan since the ripe old age of 12, I used to rush in from the school bus to catch the last 15 minutes of her afternoon program on PBS. This photo is from the only book of hers I own called Julia Child & Company and it came out in 1978, I was 18. A lot of blogs, in fact the entire food blogosphere is celebrating Julia Child this month so I will do my little part as well. When I was cooking as a kid I would often take the dish towel and swipe everything to the floor totally pissing off my mom and she would yell at me and ask me why I was doing that and I would say "I saw it on the French Chef." I am going to try and come up with something (foodwise) particularly Julia Child like in the next couple of days and post about it but until I do if you have any suggestions I am more than happy to oblige.
On another note I would like to give a huge shout out and massive thanks to Nithya, Pooja, Selby and PigPigs Corner for all bestowing upon me a very thoughtful and touching award. While I dont usually post these kinds of things I was so taken aback at having received it multiple times and all recently.
So here we go:
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Here are 7 random facts about me:
- I am not some chef with a degree but I am some chef to a degree.
- I am spanish american and my family has lived in the US since the early 1600's - in New Mexico.
- I live in NYC with my son and my wife.
- I have lived in NYC for over 25 years.
- I shop almost everyday - I dont want to miss out on that hot new ingredient
- I love all food cultures and absorb recipes and food ideas....
- I worked in the fashion business for 10 years as a stylist and art director.
I would like to pass this award to:
- Melody @ Cheat Day Cafe - she is just plain wholesome!
- Kenny @ Chic Eats - because he sometimes writes in chinese.
- Stacey @ Stacey Snacks - anyone that likes figs as much as she does is ok by me.
- Kim @ the ungourmet - she comes up with twists that make me flip.
- CG the foodie @ uncovering food - just because!
- Leela @ shesimmers - This girl can write, cook and make me think.
- Zoe @ ZOE - she is the best no bake baker I have ever seen, and more.