Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

no rhyme no reason


A
hodgepodge of delectables. What do you call insalata caprese with cucumber? I made Girlichefs cheese and it took me a couple tries to get it right. The first batch was glorified ricotta - I put it in a press after innoculating it with blue cheese cultures and we shall see what happens in a few weeks. I dont know what went wrong but the second batch came together like clockwork. Nothing beats homemade! Next time, though, I will microwave it one less time - it did come out a little dense.



How about ramen noodle with egg and a chicken wing?



Or how about a totally mangled ensalada de bacalao with sweet plantains, cucumber and cherry tomatoes?

21 comments:

tavolini said...

I like the addition of cukes.

Ramen with an egg sounds like the breakfast of champions.

Ken said...

OK. Sure! Whatever you got.

That egg in the Ramon looks like something even I could do.

Melody said...

I had to Google Bacalao but it looks delicious!

snugs said...

yummy to all of them

Anonymous said...

I like the addition of cucumbers to caprese salad - will definitely try!

nora@ffr said...

id love t have this for breakfast:D yumm!!

Sippity Sup said...

I too have had trouble making mozzarella. I finally gave up. What was the change you made that led to such obvious success? GREG

Angie's Recipes said...

No idea what the Bacaalo is...but it looks very persuasively good.

Angie's Recipes

Mo Diva said...

mmmm bacalao!

lisaiscooking said...

I really want to try making cheese. As soon as I work up the courage!

Anette said...

Triple yes, especially the noodles!

vanillasugarblog said...

we got chicken wings and we got some waffles!
I know random.

Pam said...

I call a caprese salad with cucumber - TASTY. The ramen takes me back to my college days although I couldn't afford a chicken wing... or an egg for that matter.

buffalodick said...

Mustard and jerky on the way... along with some original packaging- I'm an engineering type, as you will see!

Hungry Dog said...

I'll eat ramen with a chicken wing any day of the week.

KennyT said...

Am loving this excellent idea of adding cucumber's crunchy texture to the insalata caprese!

That chicken wing & egg ramen looks like my staple food! haha

Jenn said...

That caprese looks really good. Love the cucumbers in it. The ramen and chicken look mighty good, too. I'm still a bit apprehensive about making my own cheese. But I will eventually try it one day!

Marjie said...

You always make such creative stuff.

Juliana said...

Yummie...they all look so good...specially the salad!

Heather S-G said...

Sounds like a 3-course meal to me! You know what they say, the2nd? time is a charm!

teresa said...

yes please! especially to that gorgeous tomato salad!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin