Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

sit tight dont fight

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Pringles_chips.JPG
I will be making a lot of things with a popular new fangled potato chip that comes in a can for reasons that if I told you it might make you want to do it too. In fact I am such a glutton for gluttony I will even direct you to the website just in case you have the cojones to kick it in as well. I know a chef or two or one that I dare to try and keep up with the pace. Trust me its open to 'gourmet chefs' as well as little ol' home cooks! I have so many cans of these things and ideas to match I felt like my head was going to explode until I cracked one open and got started. What are you gonna do? I could keep this to myself but whats the point? To me I am a winner just by competing and If my fellow bloggers want to compete too then I win even more. Spread it around baby, spread it around. Plus I just cant keep a secret!




I put them in a bag and crushed them.



I floured, egged and tossed them into the chips and fried them up till golden.



Dig in.



Pringles crispy chicken salad with arugula, cucumbers and beets. Jam on - wait till you see what else I have up my sleeve, this is just warming up. Oh and lets not forget that I put minced garlic in the egg and fresh black pepper all over everything - over and over again. Flavor? More than it needed but not enough to stop - and thats all I can say.

28 comments:

windyleaves said...

Beautiful balance of food,

theUngourmet said...

This looks Crazy Good!!

Christo Gonzales said...

windy: more than you know.

ungourmet: you seem to know

Anette said...

Is the chicken inside all that crispy temptation? I just got an idea for one of my favourite Pringle flavours!

Cucinista said...

I love pringles, but who knew you could hack them this way? Once you pop...

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

That looks amazingly good - who would have thought ...

buffalodick said...

There is a potato chip cookie that was popular in the 60's..google it, as they are easy and tasty...

Heather S-G said...

mmmmmm...sounds fun (and looks delish!)~~~ :)

pigpigscorner said...

That's neat.

Angie's Recipes said...

That's how I would do with the Pringles.

Angie's Recipes

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

I love pringles! I may or may not eat them with a jar of red hot sometimes.

vanillasugarblog said...

I'm with you, this sounds perfect. Flavor all the way Dog!

Zoe said...

yum! What a great way to use pringles, I love those thin crisps!

♥peachkins♥ said...

what a very cool recipe!!

Angel said...

NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Gawd, when Pringles first came out, I ate so many of those things...I cannot even stand the smell of them to this day. I can't eat this dog. But throw some Lay's in there, and I'm all over it! ;)

Nutmeg Nanny said...

What an inventive recipe! I have used corn flakes but never pringles...yum! I bet this was super delicious:)

Melody said...

That is my kind of salad! I start with the best of intentions and then I start adding all the good stuff that doesn't make it so healthy anymore. Love it! My mind is thinking of all the possibilities...

Cynthia said...

Well I'll be darned! You are too good!

Christo Gonzales said...

anette: yes it is - whats your favorite?

cucinista: yup - I think you can do whatever you want but I could be wrong.

TW: crunchy and tasty.

buffalo: I will do that - thanks

girli: give it a whirl - you are so darn creative I am sure you can come up with something cool

pigpig: thanks

angie: thanks

lk: I like to stuff so many in my mouth at one time I can hardly breathe...

dawn: I like my flavor to have flavor

zoe: I am trying to come up with a dessert thing....

peachkins: thanks...

beth: sorry bethie- see over indulgence has ruined you...LOL

nutmeg: I do this a lot with corn chips..

melody: you and me both...

cynthia: awww - thats so nice - thanks.

Jackie at Phamfatale.com said...

I can't say no to fried food. no need to fight, it sounds so delicious

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Very droollworthy recipe!!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Wow-that's one great idea,but I'm not sure if I can ever crush the chips!!

Marjie said...

Good looking salad. I grew arugula, but can't say anyone here is a fan. Well, you win some, you lose some, right?

Jenn said...

Nice. I've heard about using chips as a breading, but I've ever tried it before. Now I want some pringles. Looks awesome!!!

Reeni said...

These look awesome!!! Yummy munchie food!!

Christo Gonzales said...

jackie: cant go wrong with fried thats for sure

bellini: and it really was too....thanks

sweta: Oh I bet you could - its fun

marjie: try making a warm arugula salad maybe it will throw them off

jenn: the added a nice light salty crunch - very unique

reeni: perfect for when you have 'healthy' munchies..

snugs said...

so cool..Pringles are a familia favorite. My cousin was married to a member of the Pringle clan..the marriage didn't last but the chips are sure good! Behave yourself while the pup is gone!!

Unknown said...

now THATS interesting stuff!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin