Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

scored some loot


After much begging and pleading and addresses lost in the 'mail' I finally got some of buffalodickdy's famed beef jerky, and let me tell you - its everything its cracked up to be. I have had jerky from here to Timbuktu and everyone does it different. I am not a huge fan of the fake smoky flavor you find in a lot of Pennsylvania jerky and I cant seem to wrap my taste buds around teriyaki jerky. I grew up in New Mexico eating and making jerky the way it was done for hundreds of years. The jerky I like best is the kind that is sliced thin, salted and peppered and hung to dry, dried so that the fat gets hard and buttery. Buff's jerky is a happy medium of sweet and spicy and not too much of that smoky flavor, its cut with the grain so it gives a good chew also - which is important to achieve and maintain that 'cowboy' feeling. Oh, lest I forget, I got a jar of some Polish deli mustard too - I cant wait to crack out some kielbasa for that bad boy.


It came in a box, the jerky was vacuum sealed but the mustard came in a collectible cup with a 'beer titty' - what do you call those soft neoprene cold drink holders - I always called them a beer titty!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

I think their called koozies. I never knew the names of them until recently. LOL. I used to have a collection of them, too.

Heather S-G said...

Beer cozy!!! I looooove beef jerky, too :D

Diana H said...

You need to try some kolbasz, but then maybe you'd need Hungarian mustard. Oh well.

buffalodick said...

Glad you got it, glad you liked the jerky! Mustard is the best I've personally had, but everyone gets a different set of taste buds!

buffalodick said...

I thought you'd enjoy the regional touch- Alro Steel (where I worked for 8 years!), and a sanctioned chili cook-off where we took 2nd in Salsa ! First would have gotten us to the World Championship in Reno! Coulda, shoulda, woulda....

nora@ffr said...

yumm!! beef jerkyy!! love it!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Beer titty? That's a new one on me! I thought they were called koozies or cozies. LOL

The jerky and mustard = YUM!

Reeni said...

That's so cool!! It looks like bacon kind of.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin