Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

the egg man


T
his is the first time I have ever made eggs benedict and I was a little concerned about the results. Yeah right! I make these so often they should be called 'eggs me' or something like that.



This particular version is a mix of some of my favorite things - it is fathers day after all. I made the hollandaise with a little gorgonzola mixed in for some extra oompf.



The poached eggs are sitting on top of some thin slices of salmon filet that was seared quickly and rests gently on a lightly toasted english muffin. The potatoes are a mix of potato, haricot vert and kabocha squash, toss a few lentil sprouts around and the whole dish flies right together like magic. This was my fathers day brunch and it was all I needed. Happy fathers day to all those dads out there and also to the single moms who fill those shoes too!

25 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This is a WINNER!!!

Marjie said...

Happy Father's Day, Christo! Your eggs look great!

Jenn said...

Oooo...It's a been too long since I've had myself some eggs benedict. That's a well deserving brunch. Happy Father's day.

Pooja said...

That is an awesome meal! Perfect for the occasion!

Christo Gonzales said...

angie: thanks a ton

marjie: thanks a bunch and the same to your better half....LOL

jenn: thanks jenn and do yourself a favor and whip up some poached eggs

pooja: it sure was!

Angel said...

looks good Dog...as usual. Love the ilttle design on top!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Man...I LOVe this dish. Runny egg yolks...creamy sauce...gorgonzola cheese...definitely enough to make the perfect Father's Day!

♥peachkins♥ said...

This eggs benedict looks A+++++...

Reeni said...

This is definitely a meal fit for a King! Or a Dad on a special day. Happy Father's Day!!

Christo Gonzales said...

beth: I was channeling my inner rangoli

burp: you nailed it!

peachkins: thanks for the high marks!

reeni: thanks a bunch reeni!

Christina Kim said...

love me some eggs doggybloggy!

C.G. the Foodie said...

That looks delightful!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Now I cant stop singing that song... coo coo ka chew...

Happy Dad's Day!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

You cooked your own brunch on Father's Day - you have a lucky family!

Denise said...

These are some great looking eggs. Hope you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Father's Day! The eggs benedict look awesome, love the presentation!

tavolini said...

Happy Father's Day, Doggy :)

Good idea to use the salmon on the eggs benny--I bet that tasted superb!

The Duo Dishes said...

What.a.breakfast!

Jill said...

OMFG...Hollandaise with gorgonzola!! You are one hedonistic man...just like I like 'em.

Stacey Snacks said...

Love those star scallions!
Teach me to garnish!

Jill said...

I came back to read the rest of it...I got sidetracked by the gorgonzola.

lisaiscooking said...

Gorgonzola sounds great here. I'm going to have to try that!

deb said...

do you print up your pics for your own hand held album? this is one of the prettiest posts I've seen of food. really nice.

nora@ffr said...

vat a delicious meal.. and i love the idea you have used here. thanx for sharing :) cheers!!

Chef Fresco said...

This looks like the hang-over super-cure. Looks awesome and quite tasty.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin