Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

the blues


B
lue cheese that is. I dont know what got into me but I had such a craving for blue cheese I ended up getting three different kinds. Am I lacking mold in my diet or what? I love the tangy, edgy bite of the blues and if I wasnt in such a hurry I would have picked up some gorgonzola too. The reason I didnt get any gorgonzola is because at my cheese shop there are two lines - one where you can pick up and pay and the other where you wait patiently until its your turn to order pieces in half pound minimums. My kid was sleeping in the car and I wanted to run in and run out so it put a damper on the 'wait and order' notion.



No matter, in less than three minutes I had what I needed to put out the blue cheese fire. I picked up a couple of Balthazar Boulangerie baguettes - dang thats way too many 'b's, I wasted no time and loaded it up with unsalted butter and a slab of Saga. How do you make something decadent a bit more decadent - sweet butter thats how! What is even better? Homemade blue cheese - check back in a couple of months when I unveil my creation.





Snacks out of the way it was time for lunch. I made a cornchip crusted tilapia filet with wasabi mayonaise inserted into another crusty hunk of tasty baguette.



Ah, Saturday nights all right for fighting but Saturday day is a good time to nosh.

15 comments:

Heather S-G said...

yum...mouthwatering. I love bleu cheese...can't wait to see homemade!

Angie's Recipes said...

blue cheese+sourdough bread=pleasure...what else more can one ask?! wait...you need a glass of wine...:-)

Just telling it like it is said...

I love blue days with bread...

vanillasugarblog said...

ok now we're talking when you added the fish.
nice!

Christo Gonzales said...

girli: you and me both - typically when cheese gets like that around here we toss it - here I am now helping it

angie's: a glass of wine would be so perfect

justelling: true blue ohddie

dawn: I take it you may not be a blue cheese fan?

Jenn said...

Mmm...I haven't had bleu cheese in quite a while. I may need to take a trip to my local cheese shop. nothing beats a baguette and cheese.

btw...that's one awesome look snack you had there. Tilapia sandwich. Yum!!!

Jill said...

Blue cheese...the way to my heart!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I'm crazy about blue cheese - it's like a food obsession to me. Can't understand when people say they don't like it.

Reeni said...

I have been eating bleu cheese everyday for weeks now! I can't stop...

carrie said...

it's hard to find things to have with wasabi mayo. such an overpowering flavor.

tavolini said...

mmm! Bleu cheese is a definite favorite around here...and I'll eat pretty much anything in a nice, crusty baguette like that.

Pooja said...

Wow bleu cheese is one of my favourites. Waiting to see ur home made version!And I love your food creations...so unique!

The Duo Dishes said...

Mmm, lots of good things you can do with all that cheese...

buffalodick said...

% days in hospital... I'll eat your table scraps...

Harmony said...

Homemade blue cheese? Christo, I believe you can and WILL do anything. Amazing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin