Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

poems



pen

for as long as I have had this
pen it will not write what I want
it to write; I hold it firmly yet
gently in my hand and then I
lay it soft against the paper waiting
then coaxing it to flow with
wisdom but all that scratches
out is drivel, useless lengthy ramblings
from a pen that by its actions cannot
be mine - no pen of mine could be so
shy and incapable with so much of
so little to say - mine I say as
if I have some control over this pen
as if I can possess it like that.


cg 3[2002-2008]

11 comments:

Leighann said...

I really like that.

Michelle Ann said...

It's those feelings that lead to "post fright".

Dana said...

I really enjoy it when you post poetry - I've yet to read one that didn't touch me in some way - this one was no exception.

Christo Gonzales said...

leighann: Me too! Thanks.

michelle ann: 'post fright' not me...at least not for now

dana: thanks thats good to hear and good to know

Anette said...

My keyboard are independent like that. Sometimes it just writes what it wants. And I can just follow.

Tanya Kristine said...

you possess. i'll bet you possess well.

Christo Gonzales said...

anette: mine too except I call those 'typos'

tk: you made me look up 'possess' thinking I spelled it wrong..LMAO

akakarma said...

Yep- know what you mean.

daphne said...

did u write that? that was lovely.

buffalodick said...

Sometimes the writing comes from us, other times it flows through us...

Anndi said...

soul food... I like it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin