Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

greens

Sometimes a little green salad is all it takes to turn a bad day into a good day. Friday night or rather 4:30 Saturday morning a cabinet that held my pots and pans and large salad bowls and large plates fell. Yup, fell, it peeled itself off the wall and fell! There was broken glass everywhere and not just shards but pulverized glass dust. Huge mess but we felt lucky in a way since no one was hurt and someone would have certainly been hurt as it fell where it fell. We cleaned and went to eat and had a terrible breakfast, the waitress could not get anything right, and this is our second bad experience at this place. The last time it was the same problem but different wait staff - I see a trend here.



Mesclun is fun salad with all the varietal greens it reminds me of the ocean.



We also ate grilled curried chicken tenders with brown rice and peas, as we listened to the rain pummel our windows and the wind howl.

14 comments:

Dana said...

From someone who used to think Iceberg was lettuce, let me say that salad is BEAUTIFUL!

Angel said...

dang! those pots and pans and bowls must have weighed a ton!! but the slad looks wonderful...I love a good salad.

Tanya Kristine said...

whoa. that really sucks. how irritating. i remember when my brother, who came home shitfaced, placed my cobalt blue casserole dish on a hot burner and it exploded! galss EVERYWHERE!

but that wasn't followed by a shitty breakfast .. : (

hope today is good!

Michelle Ann said...

I see some blue viened cheese on that salad...yum!

tavolini said...

wow--I'm glad everyone was okay!! And you still managed to cook up the goods in a pulverized kitchen.

pinknest said...

oh that's terrible!!! you know, i'm always terrified of that happening to me, because i have completely overloaded my cabinets, shelves and on top of the cabinets. i just know disaster will strike soon but yet i don't do anything about it. voila. i'd rather eat the curried chicken tenders.

Anette said...

I hope the fall didn't destroy all your favourite plates!
And the food on your photos!! It looks so good I want to lick the screen!!

akakarma said...

Scary-It must've made a helluva lot of noise and mess! Life is full of surprises...some good some not so good.

Christo Gonzales said...

dana: it has such pretty colors it is lettuce nirvana to me

beth: a quarter ton at least

tanya kristine: today is monday

michelle ann: it is some of the Argentine blue

tavolini: would've hurt someone for sure...

pinknest: I secured it better and loaded it right up minus all the earthenware or whatever...mostly my three BIG salad bowls 4 large flat glass plates 3 large pasta bowls and what got pulverized that I cant remember.

Christo Gonzales said...

anette: but it did destroy... and lick away - its your screen..lol

akakarma: scary loud noise, if I had a gun I would have went for it thinking the worst

daphne said...

oh doggybloggy! What a mess u must have woken up to. I guess things are cleared up by now?

Still, is that blue cheese or brie on the salad? Nice touch!

buffalodick said...

I had a rack holding my hot sauce collection fall off the wall once. Broke about ten bottles of some of the hottest sauces on the planet! Even wearing rubber gloves, my hands felt like they had been slathered in Ben-Gay for about 3 hrs.!

Christo Gonzales said...

daphne: its a blue cheese, mild from Argentina

buff: rubber gloves.....

Unknown said...

Aside from the cabinet self-destructing and throwing itself and it's content to a horrible splattering death, and the fact breakfast pretty much sucked, sounds like a wonderful way to eat that beautifully prepared and tasting food!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin