Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

cheesy



Made a cheese run the other day as I was getting tired of the normal grocery store varieties. Now I know that grocery stores now carry all kinds of cheese but nothing beats a cheese shop. In this photo you will see Morbier which is one of my most favorite cheeses of all time, which is also unfair to say because I have many 'favorite cheeses of all time', two of the same goat cheese wrapped in grape leaf, an Argentine blue cheese, Boursin (The brand was advertised on UK television using the slogan: "Du Pain, Du Vin, Du Boursin" (Translation from French: Bread, Wine, Boursin), a tangy little bugger called Tres creme, some polenta and some olives. I also picked up a cacciatorini and a sopresata to chew along with some crusty bread and olive oil.

I guess I could have made a nice presentation on a board or a plate but I just quickly piled them up after returning from the store.

13 comments:

Angel said...

what you talkin? I think all that cheese piled up like that is beautiful!!!! yummy....

Tanya Kristine said...

now you're talking...cheese is my thing. when i went vegan, it didn't last long becuase they cannot duplicate the cheese thing.

Anette said...

You're so advanced! I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to the true smelly cheeses..

Michelle Ann said...

I have had many a meal made of various cheeses and a glass or two of wine. It feels so indulgent.

Christo Gonzales said...

beth: thats what i'm sayin'

tan: thats what I'm talkin' about

anette: advanced? perhaps more primitive since I dont mind the funk

Michelle: glass of wine or two? I need to be around you guys there is so much wine left over...

buffalodick said...

That pile of cheese looks as good as naked women wrestling! You know how I love cheeses..(and naked women!)

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: now you're talking...all we are lacking are crepes...

Kitt said...

Oh my. If I had all that piled in front of me it would be gone in about 20 minutes.

You can make your own boursin by mixing together a stick of butter, a brick of cream cheese, some minced garlic and herbs. Let it sit overnight and voilà. Great for parties or just snarfing down yourself.

pinknest said...

you should put together a little cheese tasting menu! how fun.

akakarma said...

Cheese tastes good but I don't like it's looks or smells!Odd Hmmm...

tavolini said...

okay, I read this post the other night and simply HAD to cut up cheese, bread and have a glass of wine...at 10 pm on a school night. Dangerous!

tavolini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

When I was in NYC...and went to the MOMA to eat...I decided to get the cheese tray for dessert...usually you can totally count on me....to head for the chocolate....but to my great surprise (and horror) they brought a whole tray of cheeses out and I was clueless...the waiter suggested a few and they were absolutely stunning...now I'm sad I didn't write them down....since I've come back home...I'm trying to find something each week to taste....who knew...this could be so wonderful? (I didn't.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin