Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

who you callin' chicken?


S
ince we caught so many fish we didnt know what to do with it signaled a time for chicken. Its not like we dont eat chicken enough because we do and its not like we dont want to eat chicken either because we do. We did make some spicy shrimp and mussels after our beach day but we were all too cranky and too hungry and too tired to make a 'picture'out of it so you have to take my word for it.



I do have a picture of the shrimp, just to prove it, but the mussels were gobbled up so fast and displayed in a vat so unnattractive it looked like a bucket of seafood, not like this skillet full of buttery spicy shrimp.



So if this looks better than the mussels imagine how they must've looked.



Broiled chicken with stuffed zucchini. Why use a spoon when you can use a gadget. Why use a gadget and try and take a picture when you need two hands to scoop out the pulp and at least one hand to take a picture - why because of the love and passion I feel for this stuff thats why!



Simple roasted chicken served simply with a baked stuffed zucchini, or a zucchini relleno if you want to act all fusion like; you can pour the deglazed pan juices mounted with butter over it if you want to oompf it up a bit, I did. Seriously though, as long as it tastes good -right?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy looking shrimp!!!

snugs said...

I am starting to feel really insecure, when are you going to post a flop? burn something for me will ya? I am going to go hunt for that crappy peanut butter and beef deal of yours..

Admin said...

The shrimp looks really good, and I bet the mussels were really good too. Seafood in a bucket is the way to go. I think it's Anthony Bourdain who said that seafood is best eaten with sand between your toes. I believe it.

Note to self: Buy shrimp tomorrow.

Christo Gonzales said...

oneshot: buttery and laced with chile

snugs: isnt that counterproductive - I did and I do now and again

leela: thank goodness for shrimp - I saw the episode where Bourdain said that...we eat a lot of shrimp - mostly wild caught louisiana.

Anonymous said...

Spicy shrimp sounds good!

Unknown said...

Very hard to subscribe to a blog that doesn't have any buttons..am I technically challenged? Yes I am.

Just telling it like it is said...

mmmm yummmmm

Jenn said...

I believe you on the mussels. But that shrimp looks incredible. My mouth is watering right now and I just had dinner.

I see you're doing the multi-tasking approach (ie. take picture while doing something food related) LOL

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Shrimps look so delectable I would love to have the entire palatte...

Christo Gonzales said...

5 star: spicy salty shrimp...

CakaMofC: I dont have the 'follower' thing - you can twitter me but I barely keep up with that - you can facebook me - I am not that hard to find.

justtelling: something like this? would this be your choice?

jenn: I have mini tripods but someone still has to do the work and push the button - all at the same time!

ramya: for you - no problem.

tavolini said...

gadgets are fun, but kid, eating is better. I would so lay waste to that zuke and the shrimp!! DELISH! Our local seafood joint has been running a mussel special in a tomato-vodka sauce. I don't know if that would be up your alley, but for a pizza/spaghetti/tomato sauce lover like me, its pure heaven.

Complete with hushpuppies.

Harmony said...

I love the picture with the gadget...that's mighty crafty of you.

I am not a fan of shrimp, but I think that is a great picture. Beautiful colors...makes me wish that I liked shrimp.

Chicken is my favorite...and yours looks delicious.

Sarah said...

Mmmmm, I do love shrimp! They are delicious. The stuffed zuchini looks equally good :)

Jamie said...

Mmmm, chicken looks good but give me the shrimp! And I love gadgets. My son came back from a school trip to the US last year and when he saw me hand-peeling apples for pie he asked "Why don't you get a gadget like Robin's mom had to peel apples?" "What gadget is that?" I asked. "Well, she just called it 'the gadget'"

buffalodick said...

A hollowed out zuccini cut length wise and filled with an italian meat sauce got me a first place ribbon at the State BB-Q one year! It is one, underused veggie! Seafood around here is frozen and overpriced, and I'm getting tired of waiting for fresh and cheaper! Roast chicken pieces are always popular in this house!

vanillasugarblog said...

Dog now that is some fine looking shrimp my friend.
Mussels in a bucket with another bucket of cold beer is how we do it in the summer.

lk- Health yDelicious said...

that zuchinni gadget is something else! haha

I love the look of a bucket o'mussels. but I also think the shrimp look good.

lisaiscooking said...

Those shrimp look huge and delicious!

Tangled Noodle said...

Buttery, spicy shrimp - wow! It looks fantastic but dare I hope that it really is that simple?

Hornsfan said...

yum yum yum - the shrimp looks so good! the chicken looks pretty darn tasty too

Blog Widget by LinkWithin