Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

why not pie




I
ts a pizza day around here and if you know me like I know me then you know that I do things until we are absolutely sick of it, I dont even want to mention the pumpkin that we will be seeing in all its transmogrifications in the days to come - try pumpkin gnocchi on for size or even just plain old pumpkin pasta with a you name it sauce, how about a pumpkin vinagrette? Whew long sentence. Ok, pizza, basic, simple, tasty. A few cups of flour, a couple teaspoons of yeast a little sugar a little salt a touch of olive oil and some water - could it be more easy? Top it as you like eat it with your hands. How do you like your pizza?

Have I forgotten to tell you that we (I say we loosely since I am the only 'chubby' one around here) are at a healthy weight, we exercise and our collective blood pressure and cholesterol is where it should be. Healthy eating can seem like 'indulging' but thats why its 'healthy' eating. There is a good balance of greens to gross and we only eat baked or homemade sweets - no candy, no milk, minimal sugar, which means no sodas - we use seltzer and fruit juice. There is cheese but the enzymes make a difference and then its only good cheese no processed or otherwise - you know- cheese like your ancestors made. Its important to eat right, sleep right and drink tons of water, trust me smart food is a smart choice.

To use a phrase made popular every four years by the republican party 'energize the base' - use good food to 'energize the base' -

Let there be no mistake, I am not one of those voters that complains about the choices - I vote and I vote with pride. I am proud of each and every candidate that is nominated to run. I dont run around wishing it was someone else. I am not one of those nay sayers or whatevers that want Nader or some other flunky that couldnt possibly govern. Those people need to re-evaluate their priorities. Undecided is equal to pretty damn dumb. Voting for those outskirt candidates is wasting your good vote.

If you dont like it then run yourself.

This is my new favorite foodie site.

Savor the moment and the victory,
victory tastes so sweet,I like the flavor.

17 comments:

Mandi said...

Stop it, ok right now, this is too much!!!!

I hope you dont hate me - but you have been tagged, go to my blog to see what its about???

Chef E said...

Are you taking orders by phone or via email???...and do you take AmEx?

Ed & Jeanne said...

Do you deliver?

Angel said...

NOWWWWW we're talkin!!! talk about a woody!!!!ya baby! (imagine Austin powers voice)

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Oh god how do you make these recipes sound so easy and at the same time make them want more and more... Chef e asked you the right question, if yes do let me know you ll have regular orders :)

Christo Gonzales said...

mandi: I cant stop...

chef e: from you this is an enormous compliment

ve: where have you been?

beth: yeah baby yeah...(the correct spelling - you are saying the equivalent of yaw)

ramya: we can make a deal - you send me some of your tasty treats and I will send you some of mine---

snugs said...

my daughter asked me the other day when I was gonna make that pizza again that I learned from that new york guy..THIS is my new favorite foodie site..and I am so happy to learn that this cheese is one of the better cheeses, so hopefully I will not clog my arteries more :)

Anette said...

That looks like a lovely piece of the good stuff! Bet it tasted good after days on a pumpkin diet!
Congratulations on your election, finally, the day was here and you could hand in your vote. I totally agree, whoever you vote for, you should do it! Are you pleased with the outcome? After what I can see from over here, I think the right man von.

Christo Gonzales said...

i guess the losers could give you a better answer

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - I love a good sweet victory too!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

buffalodick said...

You lost me right after I saw the pizza... Gotta get my pizza stone out before the week is done!

Spin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spin said...

Oh my yummy! That looks so much better then the pizza I made last night!

Dianne said...

I too am savoring the moment! I came by from matt-man's place ;)

America! The home of President Obama and pizza pie!

Peace.

Barrie said...

I am not a fan of pizza. HOWEVER, I'm sure I'd LOVE pizza if it's made by you!

tavolini said...

mmmm. pizza. the best food in the world.

Harmony said...

I just love your pizza...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin