Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

potato head



P
otato alert, potato alert! These beauties are on the 'to-do' short list. Lets see what I can come up with to highlight their individual unique flavors and textures. The dark ones, there are two types, are purple inside and the smaller ones have a creamy consistency while the larger ones lean more towards a russet. My first thought was basic potato salad with these babies cubed and boiled then tossed with whatever seems like the best potato salad mixture of the moment. We shall see.




Juice, we drink fresh juice on most mornings, usually a carrot, apple, celery blend but this mornings juice was enhanced with these glorious beets.



And if all this isnt enough the little guy and I threw a pie together. With all the apple pies I keep seeing on the interweb I had to throw my hat into the ring - dont let anyone tell you I dont like to compete.

13 comments:

buffalodick said...

Wife will kill for those potatoes! About time you started competing! You can, and will, kick some butt!

Anette said...

Nice pie! did you get wild with the cinnamon too?

snugs said...

potato salad seems very un-doggy like..but maybe you kick it up and add your spin on it, can't wait to see.
and the pie? I thought you don't bake, you've been holding out on us..

Chef E said...

Waitin for the tators...me likie beets...

Christo Gonzales said...

buffalo: these are taters dee lux - each has such a unique personality

anette: yup and the nutmeg....

snugs: I can bake I just dont tend to- this time of year lends itself to more baked goods - oh and I can kick up potato salad thats for sure but I am still not sure what want to do to highlight the colors and flavors best

chef e: tons of great beets and all kinds of unusual radish at the farmers markets - in fact roots and tubers galore!

The Blonde Duck said...

That apple pie looks so rustic! I LOVVEEE apple pie!

Darius T. Williams said...

Those potatoes look mighty killer!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

tavolini said...

Its a great time of year for potatoes! I'm excited to see your creations! Chips? Purees? Salads? Possibilities are endless :)

Angel said...

mmmmmm the pie....THE PIE!!!!

Joy said...

I like apples, beets, and carrots in the juicer, too. Not so much the celery.

That pie looks soooo good!

urban vegan said...

We just visited Peru a few months ago, where they have 30+ tater varieties.

You should make some Pierogies!

urban vegan said...

We just visited Peru a few months ago, where they have 30+ tater varieties.

You should make some Pierogies!

Christo Gonzales said...

The pie got fried the taters are waiting - waiting for the first moment when - they will light for their flight they will fight for their right to be free...is it me or is this twisting round like a rope that wont steal? Or is it these taters are not like a peel that reels - zeal, zeal is how I will meal these fluffy spuds into a pillow so soft you could squeal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin