Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

puffy, crusty, p.crusty, chicken diddy


C
hicken pot pie made with puff pastry is so easy you could do it accidently. Well maybe not totally accidently but with little to no effort. Boil some chicken with a bay leaf some celery, onion and a large carrot, salt and pepper till it is ready to fall off the bone. Separate the chicken from the bone trying to keep the pieces as large as possible. In a heavy skillet saute an onion with a little olive oil and toss in chicken and one bag of frozen mixed vegetables of your choice - dont like mixed then just use peas, add 3 tablespoons of flour and some of the broth left over from boiling the chicken. Fold gently to coat and pour the whole thing in a pie pan, cover with one sheet of puff pastry and bake until golden. Feeling creative? Make individual pot pies.




Thats it. Its so much better the next day or after it has cooled completely.



All up in the gravy........

18 comments:

Tanya Kristine said...

whoa dude. that is beautiful. i made a corn/bean/avocado lasagna last night that was pretty, pret-ty, delish.

Marjie said...

I made a pot pie once. Since it was the only thing I'd ever made with all foods mixed together, my sons were about to find a rope & tree for me. Fortunately, their Daddy called them off. Yours is beautiful!

Chef E said...

Nice and perfect! I like mine with a little more sauce...on the side, Please

Christo Gonzales said...

tanyaK: Lets see the pics - that lasagna sounds gooooooood!

marjie: so no mixed foods either huh?

chef e: I like it saucy sometimes....

Tangled Noodle said...

Ooooh! This is so going into the dinner rotation.

Anette said...

my husband would love that, since he is a lad from England, land of the pies! Did you cut it when it was cold, it looked so tidy cut!

The Blonde Duck said...

I am all over that! You totally beat out my pie!

Mandi said...

I sat here at this little comment box for 5 minutes trying to work out what I was going to type - words escaped me - fabulous, sensational, etc etc just didnt seem to cut it.........you have outdone yourself yet again!!!

Chef E said...

Just imagine that plated in a cafe with some Parmesan bechemel sauce drizzled back and forth...and don't forget the sprig of parsley...

Marjie said...

No mixed food is my fault. I oughta have a separate plate for each food at dinner, but that seems like overkill.

Christo Gonzales said...

tangled noodle: I hear you....

anette: yup cut cold - then reheated

the blonde duck: I got the inspiration from you

mandi: well I sat here for ten minutes and all I can think to say is thank-you

chef e: cheesy bechamel coming right up - I will post a follow up photo with that tomorrow

marjie: imagine a big mixed batch of purple - whoa now thats a nightmare!

Darius T. Williams said...

Love this - and with the puff pastry - amazing!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this! I wait for leftover chicken to get 'er done haha :)

tavolini said...

I like the title :)

You know, I don't think I've had a pot pie in YEARS. Maybe its time to change that.

CreativeMish said...

this looks so good I'm going to have to give it a try. Puff pastry? I'll have to look for it

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

oh God do you read minds??? I was planning for a pot pie and here you have one...

Stacey Snacks said...

That is the BEST looking pot pie I have ever seen.
I plan on making one w/ puff pastry the day after Thanksgiving with leftover turkey and leftover vegetables. I will add peas.
I like yours cause it isn't too white looking! Beautiful.

Chef E said...

Now that took that nasty 'meatball' experience right out of my mind...much appreciated Dog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin