Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

more pie



I made quite a few pies Tuesday night and forgot to photograph them due to the excitement in the room. A particularly good one was the pumpkin with red and yellow tomatoes and green peppers and it was dairy free as a special request, it was colorful and tasty, in fact it is something I would not have normally made but definitely something I would make again.



One pie I did remember to document was the one with cured salmon, goat cheese and truffle oil. This pie was light and rich and with its strong flavors this was a favorite.


11 comments:

Chef E said...

Awwwww...that looks so good and to think I had a boring turkey wrap tonight, well it had Moroccan mustard and heirloom tomatoes on it :)

Angel said...

yuk

Christo Gonzales said...

chef e: what is morrocan mustard?

beth: death by salmon.....

tavolini said...

oh my goodness! Salmon! That's innovative and delicious. Tavo would go cuckoo for that.

buffalodick said...

Tried salmon in an omlette once, and didn't like it. On a designer pizza- I bet that would work like mad...

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

mmm, When u mention seafood am in :)

Anette said...

Whats the difference between pie and pizza? If there is any.. Those pies looks like pizza's to me.. and they look very tasty!

Christo Gonzales said...

tavolini: well tavo knows where its at then!

buff: salmon is a strong flavor for eggs but with mind you better use the truffle oil sparingly


ramya: another good pizza is clam......mmmmmmm now I want some

anette: no difference - I think the full name for pizza is 'pizza pie' or not I dont know? "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that amore"

The Blonde Duck said...

How do you come up with this stuff? I could never be so culinarily creative!

Marjie said...

Y'know, it took me all dam day to figure out that you must mean pizza! I think sweet when I think pie! Which shows you just how italian I'm NOT.

Chef E said...

A mustard I make out of seasonings and blend my own- I will send you the recipe, I coat Lamb with it and fix it for Thanksgiving each year.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin