Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

thinking caps

I hope you have good thinking caps because you are going to need them otherwise enjoy some archives. Imagine chorizo raviolis because thats what I would be showing you - yup a home made chorizo and a little bufala mozzarella wrapped up in wonton skins and boiled until glorious. My local cheese shop has 7 ounce bufala on sale for 2 bucks. Can you believe it 2 dollars for 7 ounces of perfectly ripe soaking in its own brine delicate cheese hence I bought 4. We have had caprese salad up the wazoo so I thought I would use a little to cook with. These were not only good looking but good tasting too.

Update: banana has caved and is willing to let me use her camera but only if she supervises....problem here is I cook when no one is home.

Cheese report:



we went to a party that had kids. (kid)



the kids tolerated each other on a social level. (they actually had fun they are just 'concentrating' while watching spiderman on the ipod)



Lucky as we are we found our way home.

(these are not my photos these are bananas)

14 comments:

buffalodick said...

That cheese isn't readily available around here for any price! Only had it a couple of times, but what a treat...

Angel said...

take Banana up on her offer....it's killin me with no pictures of your food!!!

Mandi said...

I would prefer pictures, but I just close my eyes and picture your wonderful creations!!! I think this is probably the BEST one yet, I love all the ingredients in this and am going crazy thinking about it!!!!

Joy said...

It's not the same. I tried and could sort of imagine it but kept wishing for the photos. As I said before, you spoiled us.

snowelf said...

Hey DoggyB

so sorry to hear about your camera... I can imagine food with the best of them, so no worries.
Man I love food...

:P

--snow

deb said...

Chorizo is my friend. I make Chorizo Nachos here at least 3x a year. AMAZING. This sounds like an idea I need to duplicate. Oh and the picture of Jackson & the girl is priceless. Expressions say a lot!

Joy said...

Those are some sad looking kids! They were not having a good time at all!

Good to see pictures again. Thanks!

Mandi said...

Yeah - the pictures are back!!!! I have seen that expression (on my kids faces) at various parties over the years. Pup looks alot like you in that picture!!! Have a great week.

Emily said...

I'm jealous! I love fresh mozzarella. For an 8 ounce ball, it's usually $5.99 here.

Emily said...

I don't know who Banana is.

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: it is so good it makes you never want regular mozzarella ever again

beth: I get to use her camera if she supervises

mandi: oh you....

joy: see......

mandi: kids are always familiar strangers with each other

emiline: its usually that price around here too but this cheese shop gets deals and passes the deal on...banana is the XX chromosome that lives with us....LOL

tavolini said...

hahaha--the kids look thrilled.

Wow, great deal on the cheese!!

Anndi said...

Cheese is my weakness.

Michelle Ann said...

I would have really like to have seen the ravioli...

And where have you been??? No more visiting my blog??? Should I be upset? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin