Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

more rellenos

I didnt talk enough about my tasty chiles rellenos, and while I have made them before and I make them often nothing beats the ones I have now.



These were some plump italian peppers that I had roasted, peeled and stuffed with a mixture of ricotta, mozzarella, cheddar and crispy cooked bacon. I flour, egg, flour breaded them and fried them fast to keep a light golden color. These pictured are actually cold from the fridge waiting to be heated up for my lunch.



The chile sauce is the kicker in this case. I browned up some ground lamb, added 5 cloves of crushed garlic and several roasted, peeled and chopped New Mexico green chiles some chicken broth and let it simmer.



Well simmered chile poured over the rellenos with a handful of grape tomatoes makes this one handy lunch.

13 comments:

C. said...

That looks really good! :) I'm on a huge tomato kick lately...I've used them in everything!!!

Tanya Kristine said...

i'm not sure how i feel about these . let me digest and i'll get back to you.

pinknest said...

you make chiles rellenos, too?! oh my oh my.

tavolini said...

tomatoes look great on that!

I don't know why, for the life of me, I can't talk myself into liking ricotta.

deb said...

oh YUM. We are "antsy pants"

Anette said...

Oh yes! I was hoping you would give some more details about that! It looks like a very tasty lunch!

Michelle Ann said...

I really love rellenos, but unlike Pinknest, fried food is not my friend. I make baked rellenos instead. YUM!

Your rellenos look amazing!

Spin said...

Oh, you make me hungry! That looks so yummy.

Christo Gonzales said...

dragon: Me too...to a point...

TK: digest what...you like spam

pinknest: Hullo its a natural...its like pasta to me...LOL

tavolini: I know how you feel, when its cooked in the right thing it isnt so - ricotta -y...if you know what I mean....try it as a secret ingredient in lasagna until you get used to it.

deb: yup its like a condition

anette: lunch of the gods....

michelle: baked, fried, waved in front of the sun it makes no difference to me.

spin: hungry is only half of it...

test it comm said...

I have been wanting to try chile rellenos for a while and these ones look really good!

buffalodick said...

Rellenos are a treat I haven't had in awhile- looks good!

CreativeMish said...

I've got to go searching for chile's this weekend! Not sure about the lamb. I'll try mine with beef.

Joy said...

This look SO GOOD! You really do make me want to cook again, and I'm doing it more often. I cook when I have people over and do what is easy for myself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin