Pages

Saturday, August 02, 2008

woodstock



It wasnt hot enough so we thought the best thing would be to get in the car and sit in hot traffic for three hours to go on a one and a half hour drive to Woodstock. Woodstock is only 100 miles from NYC it really isnt that far and it was faster coming back this time(usually the traffic getting close to Manhattan gets thick), anyway we stopped at a championship winning smokehouse to gather some sustenance before heading to the swimming hole.



They had trophies all over the place for both the smoked goods and chili. (Looks like the Buffalo brothers need to swoop in and knock this place down a notch I didnt think it was that great - I've had better at rinky dink roadside stands)



We had the lunch specials these are the rib tips.



This is the 'junior' pulled pork sandwich.



Not much to report on the swimming



other than we caught a frog.

14 comments:

Kitt said...

Froggybloggy!

Looks like a fun day.

CreativeMish said...

I have lots of cute little frog pictures from my son when he was young. He was always catching some king of creature and bring it home. Spiders, mice, snakes, frogs, etc....

deb said...

I love the Frog. He's way cool!

Oh I'll have a pulled pork please. :)

Christo Gonzales said...

kitt: did you think of that all by your lonesome...LOL

michelle: this is our first frog picture though we have a couple of snake photos under our belt

deb: he was a cool little bugger...let me guide you - unless you are a hardcore pulled porky - the ribs tasted better...I had the pulled pork it was...meh!

Joy said...

Love it that you include photos of what you do and eat.

Determined said...

okay, so how many ways can you skin and cook that frog? eek, just kidding!

buffalodick said...

Good BB-Q is where you find it- and it usually isn't who you think it would be! We have two chain BB-Q restaurants in town, Smoky Bones and Famous Dave's... Smoky Bones is so bad, I laughed at their brisket to the manager! Sandmans is a local guy in a bad part of town- best BB-Q we got!

Angel said...

HA! "Froggybloggy" I like that!

I bet Buff could blow them outta the water....hhmmm...seems like a challenge to me. Maybe we should get together with Buff and TASTE his BBQ, ya know...just to make sure it's good and all...have to have a taste test. ;)

buffalodick said...

Beth- I'm not hard to find, and will always BB-Q for my blog buds!Been waitin' on the DogB for an address- I owe him dry rub and sauce!

C. said...

My son loves ribs, he would have been all over that meal! And the frog is TOO damn cute, look at his little head!!!! I would love to see Woodstock, never been, will have to add that to my to do list.

Anonymous said...

Cute frog! SOunds like a perfect day!

Tanya Kristine said...

hope it was a catch & release.

Unknown said...

That pulled pork sandwich looks good! And so does the swimming. Sounds like you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Bring that frog to me and i'll make you 'Cuisse de grenouille en persillade'. hehe. Tasty!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin