Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

1 tomato, 2 tomatoes..

First off my profile picture keeps disappearing so I replace it and it disappears again. Secondly I will post in not so greater detail as to who the occasional woman is in my posts. Thirdly its hotter than pistols. Fourthly its feeding time. Everyone, at least I think everyone, likes tomatoes, mozzarella and basil and this is how I like it. I have posted this version before but here it is again. Why make one when you can make three, after all what good is sharing when you can be a little piggy and have one to yourself? I scattered some balsamic vinager and some extra virgin olive oil along with fresh ground pepper and sea salt to liven it up a little more.



There were also deep fried smelts with a tomato, white peach, parsley and blueberry vinager salsa, followed by some gumbo.

This pot was seriously chock full. It had salmon, tilapia, whole smelts, crabs, shrimp, and mussels as well as okra summer peas carrots and potatoes and one jalapeno sliced in half for that little tiny kick. Why eat such a hot dish in this weather? I dunno.

11 comments:

FHB said...

Dude, thank God you came by and commented.. I've been drivin' myself crazy tryin' to remember what the hell yer blog was called. You're linked up now baby.

And that food looks amazing. Love the hall out of that shrimp.

S* said...

Ooh, I had the best tomato, basil, mozzarella, prosciutto sandwich at 'Swich the other day. Yumma!

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I literally JUST made a chopped tomato basil mozzarella salad. (mostly from the garden, okay, everything minus the mozzarella is from the garden) Next time I am doing that fun fan looking thing.

Angel said...

omg.....that looks better than an orgasm...seriously...the tomatow/basil...YUM! I will be right over...tell that woman to share, will ya? ;)

seriously, I'd kill for a good, warm, ripe tomato right now. I have 4 plants and I have 4 little tomatoes on already! Woohoo!!!

Christo Gonzales said...

fathairy: dont you see me lurking...I'm a lurker

S: mmmmmmm prosciutto but then I want figs..ahhhhh

Junk: REALLY? gardens rule, I miss having a garden.

Christo Gonzales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
buffalodick said...

Real Deal Mozzarella is a little scarce around these parts, but it can be had. Worth it too!

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful presentation with the tomatoes.

pinknest said...

deep fried whole smelts?! insanity!!! how was it? i'm craving some nice mozzarella now. maybe deep fried.

Christo Gonzales said...

Vincent: thanks, that means a lot to me since I am the "plater from hell"

pinknest: Succulent and sweet and crablike fishyness, you would love em' plus they are finger food...my little guy dipped them in ketchup in case you want options...

Anonymous said...

I love love love tomatoes. But oddly, growing up all my close friends and significant others have HATED them. It's guaranteed that if I made a tomato based dinner, I'm going to be eating the tomatoes from my husband's dish.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin