Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2007

brunch

Dang it gets to be one endless circle. You sleep in your bed then you have to make your bed. Sunday and its brunch again. Tired of eggs and waffles and pancakes come on what the heck what else is there? I say its time for Savory City. Stuffed poblano pepper with a sweet chipotle glaze. Spicy enough to be hot and sweet enough to be brunch. I topped it off with a quick and easy cream cheese. Basically you drain yoghurt resulting in a spreadable mass. Use it on whatever you want. Me, I just take bites of the cheese between bites of the poblano.

8 comments:

Angel said...

I'll be right over....seriously...I'm coming over. I love peppers and hot food and spicy food, esp. with that cheese to take away some of the heat!

"ding dong"...that's me at your front door....

Michelle said...

My, you have such beautiful plates! Very pretty!!!!

Christo Gonzales said...

mihelle eletedthat plate

pinknest said...

cheers to the inventive brunch! i love stuffed poblano peppers.

buffalodick said...

Mexican or Tex-Mex before 11am-no.
After that, hell yeah! It's funny, but we have a large population of Hispanics in this city, and alot of excellent Hispanic owned restaurants, but to my knowledge none serve a Sunday brunch. In fact, the only restaurants serving Mexican on Sunday around here are the chain eateries!

Tanya Kristine said...

you da man, DB!! that looked divine..

Michelle said...

What the hell?!!! What happened to my comments?

Eve said...

Yum! I love the drained yogurt too. So good! Sometimes I make a tahini with cucumbers, garlic, dill, lemon. It's good and healthy.

I watched Iron Chef, Battle Chocolate yesterday, and was struck/reminded about how you can take traditionally sweet (or savory) things and change the flavor, like savory pancakes, or mole. It's nice to keep them guessing too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin