Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

sometimes

Sometimes it just seems like the best thing is nothing. I learned that a long time ago when I heard that 'less is more' and its been difficult achieving that. How do you downsize while upsizing? The more you get the more you want and then when you are through wanting you have to maintain it. Yup, pools and minibikes and scooters need maintenance. How do you do it? How?

Life in NYC has not been as pretty as it may seem in fact sometimes its verging on ugly then two nights ago, it was like a dream - when nature threatened to kick NYC's ass. You wont read about that in the papers.


July 2
I wrote this a couple days ago and the comment response suggested that there was something more that I was trying to say but that just isnt the case. What happened a few nights ago was a beautifully spectacular thing. Here is big ol' dirty and powerful New York City this man made hub of the USA, wealthy, powerful and vulnerable. Vulnerable in every sense of the word. We get flooding that literally shuts this place down (well not really but it shuts down some subway lines) We get snow storms that put everyone on foot because the drifts havent been dealt with yet, and we get thunder and lightening so thunderous and so strong that you just think that any minute mother nature is going to flick this city like a booger. NYC makes people feel all kinds of ways but the other night I felt like I was closer to nature than I have ever felt living here before, and when I say closer I mean I was on natures side so when the city gets flicked I felt like I would be spared. I had an epiphany. We get well edited news in this city so as not to create hysteria and panic, if a tree falls in queens no biggie but if the sky starts falling in manhattan mums the word. The other night it seemed like the sky was falling.

We live simply, I drive an old volvo, we dont have a flat screen TV (we do have enough tv's though dont get me wrong) and its been this lack of material pursuit that contradicts my existence in this material city. When nature spoke up the other night I finally felt like I was alive again. I dont have a point, I am happy making good things to eat for others to enjoy and that pretty much sums me up.

5 comments:

buffalodick said...

So what the hell happened?

Unknown said...

Okay, so are YOU going to tell us????

And thanks for sending me the instructions!!!! NOW I'm feeling some love.

akakarma said...

Didja all get that lovely, tremendous thunder and lightening storm? We got one and I loved it!

C. said...

Share.
I want to know. Any details about NYC, my beloved city, I need to know. I want a video too, one day, if you are inclined, of you walking central park, maybe for Christmas...I miss it so much I may have to blog about it again and how it seduced my soul. But first I need to hear YOUR story, love.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Tell the story. Inquiring minds want to know!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin