Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

got mussels?



wierd spicy lemony broth and not a mollusk for the meek

We went to an all you can eat buffet in Nassau County, Harvest Buffet, and it was a doozy! There were things I have never seen let alone heard of and they seemed to be crowd favorites, but I guess thats the price you pay in a predominantly Korean neighborhood. The offerings were plentiful and fresh and refreshed often. So much sushi but we held back not wanting to fill up on rice, and all kinds of things in shells and salads made out of salad things I would have never thought of, grilled eel every way imaginable, carving table with crispy roast duck and tapioca pearls out the wazoo! We are totally going to go to this place again and again!



roll after roll and piece after piece



really tasty coconut broth with pasta and scallops and mussels and??



stuffed scallop that was so good you could only eat one, I tried a second at it was too rich



pumpkin, taro and date soup in coconut broth



one of many salad versions, mystery greens with grilled eel




tapioca pearls with cantalope and honeydew



mystery tapioca with mango -there was tapicoa and bubble tea galore!

We hardly scratched the surface of eating and I dont think repeated visits are going to be any different.

10 comments:

Anndi said...

I'm a bit leery of eel. What does it taste like?

buffalodick said...

I think you just described the restaurant I've been looking for most of my adult life! I like to eat the sea creatures who live by the rocks...

Christo Gonzales said...

anndi: eel is cooked and usually covered in a sweet hoisin sauce, typically it is boiled then grilled.

buff: this place is shellfish heaven, they had snails, clams, oysters, and other mollusks of undetermined variety as well as shrimp and crab in a variety of preparations....

akakarma said...

I've been to that kind of place before out in Suffolk County- unbelievable! You walk out definitely ready for a nap! I adore steamed mussels with white wine and garlic! Especially if you've just gone out and picked them off the rocks!

C. said...

Oh C., yummmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I am so jealous, you live right in the hub of some of the most amazing restaurants!!! I am SO living vicariously through you!

Christo Gonzales said...

aka: I love fresh mussels and more than that I love collecting fresh sea urchin...

C: its a buffet! its an all you can eat buffet! amazing yes but......(well I should stop I dont want to spoil it for you)..LOL

CreativeMish said...

Everything looks fabulous! I love fresh seafood when I go to the Pacific Coast!

Dana said...

Wow! Now that is a buffet!

Bern said...

The mystery tapioca is called sago.
Love it! Miss it!

Yvo Sin said...

hey! thanks for the link! i'm so glad you liked it! just a note, the salad in your last pic actually looks like it is topped with crispy salmon skin (i saw the same salad when i was there on sunday). also, eel is covered in unagi (eel) sauce, which actually also contains- or should contain!- broth/essence of eel, something made from boiling the bones of eels until, i don't know when. mm... yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin