Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

jammin' with salmon



Sushi rolls, sashimi or just sliced up and eaten when no one is looking. I have a long ongoing affair with salmon and it doesnt look like it will ever subside. This lite and easy brunch snack is a thick piece of toasted sourdough bread from the farmers market (greenmarket) topped with some avocado, topped with some salmon and more avocado and then I try and not eat it all in one bite as much as I want to. I always try and find the hunk of salmon that has the most streaks of fat - this insures that the salmon will be more flavorful and it will greatly serve the grizzly in me. I most often eat it raw thus further satisfying my inner grizzly.




See how tempting the oily salmon is? I dont even bother to 'pretty up' the picture I leave crumbs on and all. Hit the whole thing with fresh pepper and sea salt and like I said try and not stuff it all in my mouth at once.

13 comments:

C. said...

Salmon, avocado and bread. I am done for. I would whore my first child out, ok, maybe not my child, my husband, maybe...for that right now. You are a cute grizzly though C., you know that right...

Joy said...

It all sounds delicious IF the salmon were cooked. I can't go there with the raw fish.

Dana said...

You *know* what salmon does to me, and still you persist in posting these delicious photos *drools*

Christo Gonzales said...

c: well I dont know who you would pimp em out too but I would let you have some salmon just for being you

joy: lightly steamed or ever so gently broiled will work too

D: It cant be any worse than what it *does* to me....

C. said...

* giggles * Thanks darling. You are cool like that.

Joy said...

Yes, I'm fine with steamed and broiled but apparently have no inner grizzly. I always like to see what new recipes and photos you've posted.

deb said...

pretty as a picture. bet taste even better. yum

Bimbo Baggins said...

OMFG, that looks sooooo good. Where do you buy the salmon that you can eat raw?

Emily said...

Oh gosh. I love avocado.

Angel said...

can I just eat the avocado and the bread and slip the salmon onto your plate???

Romance said...

My two most favorite foods ever in the world- salmon and avocado.... I eat a shockingly large amount of each...

Yum -

Romance said...

My two most favorite foods ever in the world- salmon and avocado.... I eat a shockingly large amount of each...

Yum -

CreativeMish said...

I don't know why.. but I just cant get myself to try raw fish. It looks good though

Blog Widget by LinkWithin