Pages

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

poultry in motion


Sometimes a salad is the right answer and when its a simple salad then the answer is easy. Dont get me wrong I like to load up on fats and cheeses just like the next guy but every now and again its nice to wind it all back down with a few greens. I have been making things for someone lately that has a strict diet and it has rubbed off on me a little, I might be turning vegetarian and by vegetarian I mean I might start eating more veggies with my meat instead of meat with my veggies.



This is a simple mixed green salad with a chicken burger but its not any old chicken burger because I marinated some chicken breasts in a combination of secret herbs and spices and then passed the whole thing through my meat grinder resulting in a flavor packed patty. A little provolone and some 20 year old balsamic made this a salad to be proud of. Keep an eye out for this chicken it will show up in other incarnations.

20 comments:

Bob said...

That chicken patty sounds awesome, I've been wanting a meat grinder for some time.

Jenn said...

Chicken and salad sounds really good especially with the balsamic vinegar!!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

secret herbs and spices? Oh come on now, don't tease us. That chicken burger looks darn good.

Christo Gonzales said...

bob: I have two - a manual one and one for my kitchenaid - today I used the manual one - you can usually find the manual ones for pretty cheap

jenn: dont you know it

linda: ok I will give up the secret - onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, a little bit of lime zest, some oregano, red chile and salt & pepper -

Juliana said...

Like this kind of meal...by the way, what are the secret herbs and spices? Oh! I see...lime zest...now I know why tastes to so yummie :-)

Marjie said...

After 31 years, my dearly beloved finally gripes when I don't produce veggies or salad to go with dinner. Onion powder and garlic powder would certainly spice up chicken!

bunkycooks said...

I should give the chicken a try with the grinder. I always do it for beef, but seem to cook poultry whole (other than ground turkey). Plus, after all this snowy weather, I better get back on the lettuce plan!

♥peachkins♥ said...

chicken burger sounds fantastic!

Vickie said...

Beautiful post - I'm loving the ground chicken patty! Thanks for giving up the secret spices. Yum!

Lea Ann said...

Love that chicken patty. This meal looks flat out delicious. I'm a big balsamic fan.

Tangled Noodle said...

Makes me want to buy a meat grinder, too! I've been getting better at the 'more veggies' thing myself and seeing that lovely chicken burger nestled atop the salad makes it even more appealing. (The cheese helps a lot, too!)

Cynthia said...

As long as you are making salads like these, they will always be right - for any occasion.

Mr. Nighttime said...

Poultry in motion? Does that mean you were blinded by chicken?

It looks great, btw.

buffalodick said...

You seasoned darn near like I would have! Haven't had ground chicken in years..Remember mock chicken legs (ground and breaded veal on a stick?)..

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Looks awesome..

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Secret herbs and spices!!!Wow-now I'm curious:)
Great to know that veggies will be making a comeback on your plate.

Jamie said...

Now that is a heck of a lot more than just a salad! Brilliant idea to marinate the bird before grinding. It looks too good!

foodcreate said...

Chicken and Salad delicious that real-food perfect for a Wednesday night~

thank you for sharing your recipe~



Have a great day~

Stacey Snacks said...

I am craving this right now.
I love any salad w/ chicken on top.

Nice photo styling.

theUngourmet said...

What a perfect dinner. Not too light, not too heavy...just right! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin