Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green in honor of Eire


Everybody is Irish in NYC today so in honor of my annual Irish roots I have a salad for your enjoyment. This is the first year in forever that I did not make corned beef, another typically American thing that is tagged as Irish and I am missing it something fierce right about now.


I dont know why I waited all day to post this but I did and its all over now. Grilled chicken, blackened onions and avocado salad with truffle oil and white vinegar. Later on I will be making some fish and chips and I can hardly wait.

14 comments:

Pam said...

What a killer salad! The dressing sounds really tasty.

tavolini said...

This looks excellent--but I'm down for fish and chips over salad any day :)

You've got your blogging mojo back! I need to play catch up and read all these!!

Jenn said...

I had a salad today, too...with an Asian twist. I totally missed having an avocado.

Sippity Sup said...

Avocado and caramelized onions is a combination I dream about. I am not kidding... GREG

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I'd much rather eat this than corned beef. Looks beautiful.

Cynthia said...

I didn't cook today, I just had left overs... looking at this is torturing me.

Miranda said...

That looks like the ULTIMATE salad, but fish and chips sound pretty fantastic right now too!!

Velva said...

Beautiful! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.

Tangled Noodle said...

Green is gold today! We did have corned beef for dinner and stuffed ourselves - so tomorrow is likely to be salad. Now, with this salad, you've given the go-ahead to consider it an extension of St. Patrick's Day!

Vickie said...

What a beautiful, simple plate of good food! Love it!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Hope you had a great St. Patrick's day. New York is sure the place to be to celebrate. I love avocados and this, to me, is much more to my liking than corned beef anyway.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Mmm.. avocado and truffle oil! Sounds fabulous!

CreativeMish said...

Yum! I had a BLTA for dinner. Love avocado

Table Talk said...

Just finished a long week of cooking classes and this salad would really hit the spot right now.
-Will have to settle for my glass of wine and plan to make this soon; yum!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin