Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

blogfest one point oh or meatious exoticus


What do you do with pounds of delicious and exotic meats, chiles and mushrooms? You set up a blogfest is what you do. "How do you do this Dogg?" Some of you may be asking. Well you can do it by instilling confidence in those around you creating a snowball affect careful not to start an avalanche or you just invite highly motivated bloggers and let them run with it. Justin at MarxFoods has been kind enough to continually supply ChezWhat with new and unusual products that have been greatly appreciated but it was getting to a point that some of the other bloggers around needed to start sharing in the bounty. MarxFoods is more than a blog and a catalog of great ingredients, MarxFoods is also a huge supplier to the restaurant industry and it is this deep well that other inspired food bloggers should be dipping into. Enough of the back patting lets get down to the grub and the grub masters. Alphabetically the other great cooks and food bloggers were and are:

Chou at Balance,


Joanne at Eats Well With Others and


Kian from Red Cook.


Everyone had a few things to work with and, in my not so humble opinion, everyone ran the ball back from the end zone to a touch down each and everytime (if the football metaphor is no good how about they hit it out of the park or won the marathon or bowled a perfect game) insert your favorite 'victory' metaphor here! You can check in on each of their respective blogs to see what they did and I will tell you what I did.

Wild boar and Kobe beef were my main ingredients and I made a medley of the Boar and a burger from the beef. This is a wild boar chop with wild boar tenderloin and wild boar sausage served with purple mashed potatoes and mashed yams.


The tenderloin was marinated for a couple of hours in liquified mulato and ancho chiles with salt and pepper and a dash of demerara sugar.


Definitely let the "wild" look fool you because this dish was wildly out of this world.




Kobe beef sliders with roasted orange peppers and roasted garlic relish on a puff pastry "bun." Have you ever wondered how to make a burger better? Kobe beef is how!


Bite size and delicious, how can you eat just one? You dont!



Better have saved room for dessert because I made a three layer panna cotta with Tahitian vanilla beans and cream layer, mulato chiles and chocolate layer, and a blueberry layer with coconut whipped cream.


I also made an apple banana, madagascar vanilla warm rice pudding with a maple sugar caramel.

31 comments:

Angel said...

dayum Dog!!!! good Lord Almighty!!!!! that is some absolutely wonderful food you made!!!! you our did yourself on this one, my dear friend......A++!!!

Marjie said...

I'm jealous! Restaurant supplier? Do I qualify as a restaurant when all the troops are home? Great looking food, as usual, Dog!

Christo Gonzales said...

beth: thanks - it was a total blast

marjie: YOU qualify but I cleared it up in the post that you dont have to be a restaurant!

chow and chatter said...

you rock what a great job your did of arranging this

Jenn said...

Wow!!!! That's some awesome food. I want some of those sliders. Really neat idea to use puff pastry.


Nice job!!!

♥peachkins♥ said...

everything looks amazing!

Melody said...

One order of sliders for me! Very impressive Dogg!

Mini Baker said...

everything looks AWESOME!
:)

Tangled Noodle said...

Wild boar and Kobe beef - Protein Nirvana! The panna cotta and warm rice pudding take it even higher. Pure wow!

Lea Ann said...

clap..clap..clap. Actually I'm think you deserve a standing ovation. Everything looks WONderful, but I think those sliders slid into home base for a grand slam!

snugs said...

tell me about the buns for the sliders, did you make those? I really hungry now! Where did you do this event?

Stacey Snacks said...

WOW! What gorgeous creations.
Sorry I missed this cool event.

The Diva on a Diet said...

You know I'm kicking myself for letting my impromptu vacation get in the way of participating. Ah well, I hope there will be a two point oh ... and meanwhile I'll grab a slider and one of those gorgeous parfaits!

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Rachel J said...

I don't even know where to begin all this food looks over the top delish. What a superb blogger fest, and those kobe beef sliders-SUPERB! I'm on a kobe beef jerky kick recently so this post is def making my jowls water. ^_^

Christo Gonzales said...

the "buns" for the sliders were cut with a small mold out of puff pastry - so I did make them to a degree

buffalodick said...

High end stuff! Nicely prepared, too!

Danielle said...

Wild Boar? Sounds interesting.. what's it taste like? I know you can hunt javelina where we live, but I've never had any. I'd like to try one of those three layer panna cottas . Yum. Love your blog by the way.

teresa said...

incredible, all of it!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

What fabulous creations. It must have been quite an event. Marx foods has such awesome stuff.
Sam

Kian said...

Christo, I had such a great time cooking with you guys! Of course the food was absolutely delish.

Patty said...

Wow everything looks amazing!!! I love the dessert in the wineglass idea it's so cute!

La Bella Cooks said...

The little sliders are calling to me. Everything looks awesome.

A Canadian Foodie said...

My purple potatoes never mash like that. What a glorious feast fest. Where do you live? I would lOVE to cook with you. What a blast! The sliders look wild. But kobe beef is over rated, don't you think? Have you ever done a taste test with Alberta Beef (barley finished), Kobe beef, and a good American corn finished beef? I'll take Alberta beef hands down. What about you? Great work!
Valerie

Reeni said...

I just melted into a puddle of drool! That is some seriously good looking food!

Vickie said...

wow, wow, WOW!! So many dishes and such beautiful pictures ... I'm bowled over, Christo - bravo!

lynn @ the actors diet said...

kobe beef sliders!!! yum.

Joanne said...

I think this was more meat than I've consumed in the past six months. Put together. And I loved every second of it. Now I'm set for another six months.

Love the photo montages.

Velva said...

I think I died and went to heaven-that was just stunning.

Angie's Recipes said...

Puff pastry burgers are too cool! Rice pudding is just sensational. I bet your blogfest was a huge success.

Ann said...

Kobe beef reminds me of a place called Steakland in Kobe where for the first time in my life I tried the world famous Kobe beef.

Unknown said...

I'll supply you with oreos if you supply me with some sliders mkay?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin