Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

vegans and vegetarians proceed with caution

Meat and cheese, not together like a cheeseburger but side by side like the good buddies they are. This cheese is Paneer a very easy cheese to make but if you dont want to make it use any fresh farmers cheese that you prefer, ( by the way these two cheeses are one in the same) and the meat this time is goat. I like the stronger flavors of more gamey meats. They have said that as you get older you like stronger flavors but I have always liked strong flavors -what does that mean?



I first dry marinated the goat meat with some curry spices, unsweetened cocoa powder, espresso powder (coffee grounds) salt, pepper and dried chiles. This sat for a couple hours and since not everyone likes the game flavor this spice combo sweetens up the meat considerably -brings down the funk so to speak (delicate culinary terms huh?)



I then browned the meat.



After it was nice and brown I added stock and simmered until sinfully tender.



Creamed spinach with paneer. Make some jasmin rice and some nan and you are eatin' good in the neighborhood....applebees got nothing on me.



Little King tut chillin' - a teenager in training - I miss him already and he isnt even grown up yet.

12 comments:

buffalodick said...

I would have paid alot of money to be in on that food! You and me gotta open a restaurant someday...

Dana said...

I've eaten many different meats in my life, but never goat. Just where does one shop for goat?

Christo Gonzales said...

buffalo: wow thats quite a compliment thanks...It tasted really mellow and rich and we still have a little leftover and its flavor is now more round and fuller, the cocoa and coffee are emerging.

Dana: would I seem insincere if I said -the grocery store?

Anette said...

I would definitely try a plate of that! Don't think I've tried goat before, even though I eat goat cheese every now and then. Is the taste much stronger than sheep? (I mean grown sheep, not lam) And I could just smell that creamed spinach! Mm!

HAR said...

Oh the spinach and paneer. I need some.

akakarma said...

Spinach paneer, one of my favs.

Dana said...

Really? I have never seen goat at my market, nor at my butcher shop. Maybe its something I need to ask for?

Christo Gonzales said...

dANA: Perhaps there isnt much 'demand' in your areA. this is NYC and I can shop around... would you like some goat?

Mel said...

Looks good!

I have never eaten goat before either.

Tanya Kristine said...

now the creamed spinach and paneer i can eat.

Michelle Ann said...

I love Indian food. Since it was so expensive, I started making it at home...and I am progressing pretty well. But Dog, where's the recipe?

C. said...

* throws up all over the screen *

Blog Widget by LinkWithin