Pages

Sunday, January 06, 2008

haaku



Haaku is the word the Natives were told to shout into the canyon and when the word echoed back they would know that they had found the place to live. (you actually dont shout it but say it to the area and see if the area responds) it does.





Lava bed - actually called the Malpais Lava beds. This lava obviously flowed and it flowed many many miles, this is what fits in the frame we are surrounded by lava, but lava with scrub brush grown over, remember its over 15,000 years since it last erupted.



These are Bridal Ladders set up for the tourists.




The corrals are up against the cliff...makes sense

4 comments:

buffalodick said...

Freakin' cool photos! A dramatic landscape for sure! Talk to me of the contrasts between open spaces and NYC-A trip like that has to make you think...

Christo Gonzales said...

Buff: think- always... I grew up in this landscape I have been to Acoma many times dating back to when I was a kid, I moved to NYC for the contrast. The buildings are like canyons and you still get that lonely feeling but as I get older I am really missing New Mexico. I have a house there that needs work it sits on 5 acres I bought it 15 years ago and have had tenants who dont care. I am your ulitmate survival dude for the desert thats for sure and its funny the work and things I have have done in NYC -artsy type I guess sums it up.

tavolini said...

great pics--and the colors are just amazing. (I'm looking out at the dreary gray) looks like an incredible trip.

FHB said...

Beautiful. Still have one of those chili things hangin around.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin