Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

ugly chicken

That might be how you could describe me. I could go on for a while being 'the' ugly chicken or 'an' ugly chicken or just 'plain' ugly chicken. I feel like a chicken sometimes like at the very top of the steepest water slide at the water slide park the very first time - you know the feeling dont you that really tall one that all the teenagers go on that drops straight down? I certainly feel ugly both inside and out. I have been posting my poems lately, these were written 14 years ago but they still ring true today. I am not always the victim in my writings in fact I am often the grief giver. I tried to use them as a catharsis but it only worked as a reinforcement. I should have created an art movement like 'dada' or 'bauhaus' I could have called it 'ugly inside and out'. I could still do it! We could criticize each other to the point of anger. It could be ruthless. No one is a winner everyone cheats and things end up missing. Loves are lost hearts are broken but we will keep on recruiting because its fun to be ugly inside and out and we want others to join us.

Just kidding







I made ugly chicken

It looks even more ugly in person. Full of flavor though, buttermilk bath for over an hour loaded with seasonings and then a flour dusting and a bread crumb coat. If you are noticing you see I left out egg bath....big mistake. All the dry goods fell off in the oil and I had to keep fishing them out so they wouldnt burn. I left the egg out on purpose. 1) it freaks me out a little to coat chicken with egg is that oedipal or is it me? 2) there is no number 2 I feel like its overkill to use chickens with their eggs. Any other meat no problem, duck egg bath and chicken would even work for me but chicken on chicken - I try not to does that make me wussy. Leave out the egg bath and this is what you get. You can do it but baking is the key - not frying.

14 comments:

Tanya Kristine said...

are you serious? should i be worried? about you; not the chicken.

Christo Gonzales said...

Tanya: please be more specific

pinknest said...

i see we're on a buttermilk/chicken kick!! it looks delicious to me. so you fried it or what? you are hilarious not wanting to coat your chicken in egg.

Romance said...

OMG - that chicken looks so utterly yummy.... I have an issue with using the chicken and the egg at the same time- but I have to admit despite the ethical concerns egg coated chicken is pretty.

And its so not to late to start an art movement and what your describing really sounds like what everyone 'really' wants to do during an art crit session anyway...

Mel said...

I feel the same way doggy. But I dont write poetry I just blog about inane crap.

That chicken is not ugly, it looks good to me!!! I love me some chicken. Never thought about the egg coating being weird but I will now thank you very much LOL

buffalodick said...

Looks like it tasted great! I've tried baking chicken with coatings, and never had perfect results- uncoated but glazed, no problem.

Michelle Ann said...

Food does not need to look good to taste good...it helps, but is not necessary. Besides, if you have enough hot sauce around, everything is better.

Anonymous said...

People who try to be beautiful can only fool you on the outside. The inside always shines through. And though your chicken maybe ugly on the outside, I'm sure it's beautiful on the inside. (and yummy!)

And how can you feel ugly, you are one of the most beutifully dynamic persons...and least that's what I get from reading your blog. Ugly people couldn't pull that off.

tavolini said...

hahahaha I wouldn't have thought of Oedipus, but now I can think of nothing else.

Anette said...

I keep thinking about the egg and chicken-business. Its definitely a bit strange. Marinating in something that could have been your offspring? A bit strange, and quite creepy.
Anyway, the ugly chicken looked lovely!

Christo Gonzales said...

Pinknest: its a buttermilk endemic
and yeah I fried and the coating fell off

zombie mom: it is what most are thinking I think

Mel: it was tasty tasty

Buffalo: sometimes its better not to experiment

MichelleAnn: hot sauce the soother is more pandemic

Clover14: maybe I am good at wearing masks..the zorro of zorros but thanks you always lift my spirits

Tavolini: it seems oedipal to me thats for sure or jungian or something

anette: it really tasted good and it was even good the next day.

Determined said...

Very funny, doggy! AND...I wish I knew how to cook as great as you seem to!

Cynthia said...

I bet that ugly chicken tasted mighty good.

C. said...

All chicken is ugly. You my dearest, are far from it. ♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin