Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

Not just a fun guy

There is more to life than mushrooms, not much more but more none-the-less and this more is spring rolls. Easy to prepare and easier to eat. Typically made with mint, lemon grass, rice noodles, bean sprouts, pickled ginger and shrimp this is not iron clad in my book. Omit the shrimp and replace with fish or mushrooms, omit everything and fill them with sauteed zuchinni and omelete. Experiment! (Santa Banana got me a new camera so thats why the pictures look better, my fuji sucked canned yams)






Nuke some beets to soften and then drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pop them in a hot oven and they come out tasty like this. I made a reduction of balsamic vinager, red wine and sugar mixed with the beet liquid from the nuking and it set these babies off nicely.



A guava cheese tart experiment. Filo pastry, guava jelly and cream cheese and thats a green apple sliver as a garnish.

7 comments:

Angel said...

you. are. KILLING. me!!!! Why oh WHY do you have to post pictures of all the glorious stuff you make? When I can't be there to eat it?!! HUH??!!!

Michelle Ann said...

The spring rolls look fabulous. I love putting daikon sprouts in mine...

Dana said...

Fabulous foodies! I cannot get over the color of the beets!

buffalodick said...

Looks and sounds great! What kind of camera did you get? That might not be a bad post for all of us- our camera choice...

Christo Gonzales said...

Beth: We will go on a road trip to your domain and make this for you at your house with your knife.

MA: daikon sprouts sound great so does a thread made of radish

Dana: wierd red right?

Buffalo: casio exilim...and you?

Cynthia said...

Oh gosh, they are the kind of spring rolls I live for!

I do like me some guava cheese! :D

Angel said...

Dog, you know know I don't own a sharp knife, so bring your own, 'kay?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin