Pages

Friday, January 04, 2008

Thats what I'm Talkin' about



The little guy loved helping his Grandpa get firewood



Every couple of days my mom would whip up a few dozen tortillas.


The tortillas are eaten with everything and even made into chicharone burritos, this one is red and....

this one is green, both covered in cheddar cheese.


The holidays are also a time for tamales and this one is smothered in red chile and cheese. Since we ate a lot of the same things over and over again at every house we visited I didnt document the food that much. When you grow up like I grew up you get two choices:



Red or,



Green.

11 comments:

Anette said...

Mmm! I like the look of that!

Tanya Kristine said...

damn. i love me some green burritos...and tamales. of any color.

Angel said...

red please...and lots of it!

The Pup is getting TALL!!!

Dana said...

You had to show the food, didn't you?

Lara Croft said...

Your mums cooking looks Mouth watering! I can see where you get your love of cooking from, its artistic .

Jason said...

I've never had a tamale myself, but isn't the wrap inedible (corn husk)? So wouldn't that make putting sauce over it sort of a waste? The burritos and tortillas are making my mouth water just looking at the pics.

Christo Gonzales said...

anette: and the taste is even better

Tanya K: sweet tamales, hot tamales, all tamales

Beth: its like bites of sweet sunshine..I knew you would think he was tall and he is getting taller but my dad is not tall at all so it makes the pup look taller...LOL

Dana: had to

Lara C: thanks

Jason: lets see how do I put this....you remove the husk after heating(steaming)then put chile and cheese on the exposed tamale and put under the broiler for a bit...

buffalodick said...

You ate like a king, because you were with family. I'm kinda wipin' my eye... I wish I had a grandkid like that..or my grampa back...

akakarma said...

Yummy- love that food! You are so lucky. The little guy seems like a doll! Sounds like a wonderful visit.

Christo Gonzales said...

buffalo: it was sweet to see to be sure...I may not have that opportunity I had my son at 38 so I will be old when he is ready to have a family

AKA: it was hard to come back to NYC after this visit.

pinknest said...

oh. my. god. yes yes yes!!! i am weeping. i want. so beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin