Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weak End

Time seems to have a mind of its own and when you dont have a camera you cant prove s$%t. Lucky for me my cell phone is equipped with the most lame little snapshot device, Banana has a nice phone with flash and video but no mine it is worse than a photo booth. We went to the Mall - is it supposed to be in CAPS or is it ok to say mall? Anyway we were at the newly fixed up Newport Center Mall in Jersey City, New Jersey. This mall is right after the Holland Tunnel, in case you dont study local geography. We ate cinnamon pretzels and bought kids school gear and assorted sundries, all the while looking for Wahl clipper accessories. See I cut my own hair as I have done since I was a teen and since my clippers comb things were wearing out I thought it would be cheap to go to the mall and get them there instead of paying the 9 dollar shipping to have them delivered. Nobody had them. After going to the 'specialized wig and barber outlet' we went to sears, pennys, khols, you name it. It was 6 dollars to come back to manhattan and 2 dollars to park not to mention gas and snacks - plus the other "shopping" we did- funny you can leave NY for free but no matter who if you come through the major bridges and tunnels its 6 bucks- the cheapest way in - you can try and wing around and do the I95 thing but it still costs you if not in gas, certainly in time and headace and 75 cent tolls. So we came home and ate.

King Crab, Steak and Grilled Corn a la Mushy. This whole meal was inspired by this guy in Tennessee by the name of Mushy. He cooks things his way and most times that is the best way. Whenever you nail a system -stick with it.




Oh did I forget to mention that I ordered the things anyway for 18.99 total - 8.99 for the set and 9.99 for shipping - funny huh?

12 comments:

Little Wing said...

king crab AND grilled corn.....OMG!

Dog, I have a friend who tells me the code to put the awards on my blog, I sooooo don't know that stuff!....I just blindly put in what he gives me, and like magic it works.

buffalodick said...

I've heard of this Mushy. Was it on a blog?

pinknest said...

king crab AND steak! that rocks.

Angel said...

Steak!!! Corn!!! Crab?...meh...no thanks. But the corn looks awesome...I love it cooked on the grill like that. Surely you ate more corn than that tho! ;)

Christo Gonzales said...

Beth: yup sweet jersey corn from the farmers market...we each had 2 ears all buttery and hot.

Buffalo: click on the second mushy in that sentence and it takes you to his blog.

pinknest: Chinatown had King Crab for 8.20 a pound...unbelieveable since at whole foods it was 21.99 per pound. we ate it like decandent scavengers all weekend tearing it apart and drowning it in butter.

Little wing I sure wish I knew that code.

Unknown said...

I know how you feel about the camera phone thing. I have the same problem with mine and I hate using it for photos.

Anonymous said...

Dang....I ain't ate breakfast and now I got to look at pictures of king crab??

Ruthless you people are...just ruthless

Tanya Kristine said...

what's that stuff on the right? steak? the crab looks delish. i miss crab...and lobster.

Stephanie Faris said...

Mmmmmmmmm. Okay, now I'm hungry. And jealous. Your cell phone takes much better photos than mine!

MommaMonkey said...

Well at least you know ordering it online is the better deal...now.

That meal looks so yummy. I had a Wendy's Frosty for dinner, so that meal is looking REALLY good right now. Actually, that meal looks good no matter what. (wiping drool from mouth)

pinknest said...

ps drinks gathering has been in the works. sat august 11.

HAR said...

Take a picture of your hair cut (when you get the scissors in the mail) but don't use your cell.
Thanks for stopping by.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin