Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Quickie



I like to get those breads that are in the refrigerated section of the store you know like the french breads or the italian that are dough like and then you bake them yourself for that fresh made freshness and I use them as hot dog buns. I bake the bread and grill or boil the dogs, when all is ready I take the handle from a wooden spoon and ream out a hot dogs length of the center of the bread. You then fill it with mustard or whatever and then put the dog in the slot. It is great because it holds up well to travel and since we are going swimming today we need travel food.

7 comments:

buffalodick said...

Like a giant "pig in a blanket"! Some one did that very thing you did commercially, but it never caught on...

Christo Gonzales said...

good idea but costly and time consuming I think for commercial use

Freebird said...

I would have never thought to do that on my own.

Angel said...

when I saw the title "quickie" I totally thought something else! Opps!

happy 4th Dog

pinknest said...

*gasp!!* i want a giant pig in a blanket!!

Anonymous said...

I have fond memories of a friends dad using bisquick mix to whip up pigs in a blanket, with cheese! I think you can use those Pillsbury thingies too (this is not a commercial!).

FHB said...

Corn dogs are wonderful. Would eat them every day if I could do it and not have my heart seize up on me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin