Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mexican Spanish, from Nahuatl mulcazitl

Just as I thought I was escaping Nahuatl it creeps back in this time disguised as Spanish. While in Woodstock cruising the little shops we came across a Molcajete and they only wanted 12 bucks for it. I bet I could have offred them less but knowing it was at least half of its orginal price and a piglet to boot I accepted the price. It was missing the Tejolote or pestle but since we were swimming at the stream and there were tons of river rocks we found a good one, or two or a few. Its so hard to choose the right rock when there are just way too many and all good.




It was just as easy to pick the wrong one as it would have been to pick the right one.




I have a wooden mortar and pestle and the marble one too but nothing compares to this. I feel like sing the Sinead O Conner tune, I know I am a dork!

7 comments:

Tanya Kristine said...

actually, i'd love ot have that. i have a wooden one too and i always feel like i'm adding splinters to my ground up stuff...

i LOVE the piggy.

FHB said...

Whatever works for ya baby.

buffalodick said...

I have a spice grinder, and if that won't do the job, a zip-lock bag and a hammer....

Christo Gonzales said...

I am like Fred Sanford over here, just collecting "junk" but its junk that I cant stop collecting...

S* said...

OK, so do tell how you prefer to season your molcajete. We got a giant one from Williams-Sonoma and seasoned it with rice.

Christo Gonzales said...

S: actually for the first 24 hours it had olive oil then the grinding rice thing then garlic...

akakarma said...

Woodstock, Vt?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin