Pages

Friday, July 27, 2007

Awards

I am certain most of you remember a program on MTV called Celebrity Deathmatch, whereby two clay figures battle it out. Well I propose we revive the program and get Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild and Les Stroud from Survivorman to go toe to toe. From my estimation Les cant find food at a lunch counter and struggles to build shelters with tarps so it seems like hands down Bear is the winner but I hesistate since there is always the tortoise and the hare story to back up otherwise. That being said let me get on to the business at hand. Beth, over at Blind as a Bat, has bestowed upon me an award, the second of which I have received and the impetus to get me to retrieve the other one and post them in my sidebar. The Rockin Blogger Award. Along with this award comes the responsibility to pass it on to five other bloggers that "move me" I want to name every blogger I know but I had to narrow it down trust me most, if not all, who I have read have affected me in some positve way or another. And those are, in no particular order:

Little Wing. This young woman is so full of energy and life that she must reek of excitement and thrill. Her stories about her adventures her jokes her recollections from her past are all delivered with the most sincere charm and wit. She is truly a "rockin blogger".

This guy almost makes me want to give up all the good things I enjoy -meat, fat and dairy. He is a prolific vegan creator with some of the most creative dishes I have seen. He makes his dishes so attractive and so inviting that they break all of my stereotypes of veganism, he rocks because of his total commitment to his food, Vincent at Veganimprov is inspirational to me.

Pinknest is prolific as well. This woman gets around. Not only does she hit all the best spots but the new and old alike and she writes about them with such aplomb and provides photos of the food and ambiance with such ease that you feel like you are sitting right there with her and her friends - plus she is a great cook and an astounding baker - if you want to live vicariously through anyone she is your meal ticket.

Chel over at Chels Puddles of thoughts for being an awesome mom and I am guessing an awesome wife, she sure says she loves her husband a lot so thats such a nice thing to be around. She just seems to take care of things.

Lastly but not least the opinions and rectums guy Buffalodickdy. The food competition miester of the north. A "steel man" that can throw down with the pots and pans appropriately enough. An award seeking and award winning member of a barbeque team, an all around good guy and a sensitive soul at that.

So there you have it - please keep your acceptance speeches short we have only a limited time slot before everybody loves raymond has to run several episodes back to back!

9 comments:

Tanya Kristine said...

i'm crying over here.

Christo Gonzales said...

TK: hey you get one after the nutri-crap thing is over...LOL

buffalodick said...

Thank you! How's that for short? In the last year I have met excellent writers, fantastic cooks/chefs(you among them DogB!)and interesting people I would have never met any other way...Rock on Bloggers!!!!

Little Wing said...

Ahhhhh, doggy, hugs!
I will go hang it on my wall!!!

Angel said...

love you Dog.

MommaMonkey said...

Thanks Doggy! I'll be sure to display my award with the appropriate honor it deserves when I get a chance! You're the bestest!

pinknest said...

oh i'm so weepy!! thank you thank you thank you. i have always wanted to give out meal tickets to everyone. you rock!

Unknown said...

Thanks!!! :D

Christo Gonzales said...

you are all rockin and so many more rock too...

now if someone could please tell me how I put it in my side bar.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin