Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

obligations

Rarely do I ever feel obligated. Sure there are those obligatory situations but even if you play those right they seem to go with the flow thereby eliminating all of that 'need to' feeling. You notice I said 'they seem to go with the flow' thats right 'they do' not me. I come from a very large and extended family and if every time 'I had to do something' I felt it I was obliged I would never get anything done.


This was the first photo and I opted for this one, there were better ones, and some with flash.

This afternoon the Pup and I went to eat some Rachels yogurt, and drink some drinks at Tailor, the only person that would talk to me was a food snob. All in all it was fun and quick and informative. I learned a whole lot in one hour and there was nothing obligatory about it what-so- ever. How can free things be a problem?



They made some exotic drinks and they had some exotic yogurts and Pim from ChezPim was there to talk about her new book and all in all it was a great event that went from 4-6, and oh... Tailor makes some fantastic drinks and the pass arounds were so tasty, there was this grilled monkfish with a red pepper couli foam that I could have eaten a whole plate of - twice!


Oh wait I forgot they gave me a flash drive with pictures on it. This was some darn tasty stuff. and this was only one of the flavors. Thats all I can remember.

8 comments:

Mo Diva said...

i see me!

Stacey Snacks said...

This food snob would've talked to you had I been invited to taste honey lavendar yogie (which sounds very good to me).

No monkey fish, please

Christo Gonzales said...

mo: you too, me too

stace: I know you would have and you would have been very instrumental...

there was this hummus made like a polenta square with pistachio and a sliced thin grape thing that was good too...monkey fish wasnt the only stop in town.

Anonymous said...

Damn.. free booze at Tailor. How could i miss that? Not fast enough i guess. Did they make you try some of their avant-garde desserts? (read overpriced)

tavolini said...

hmm...lavender honey? Sounds more like a bath product than a yogurt ;)

Nice pic--very dignified, lol.

Comestiblog said...

I thought about attending that event and now regret having passed it up. Oh well, next time ...

Harmony said...

LMAO...at your obligatory link! Yes some things are inevitable, and one can't help but go with the flow when inevitablility is about! You crack me up!!!!

Hornsfan said...

yummy - i've sen the rachels' yogurt at one of my favorite haunts here in town but have been stuck on a greek yogurt (with honey please!) kick for so long i'll have to break rank and tast that honey lavender yogurt!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin