Pages

Friday, February 06, 2009

wing nut

http://www.ezscaffold.com/pics/3D%20Renderings/hardware/50cnwi0z-%BD-13%20wing%20nut%20zinc.jpg
H
ow many of these names do you know, things like 'wing nut' and 'goat roper' names that suggest that you dont contain enough aptitude to get the job done? Or even worse gross things all pucker related. Where I'm from being called a 'goat roper' in rural New Mexico was not something that anyone looked forward to, that meant that you were not up to the whole 'cowboy' thing and you were best suited for goats. Goats did not require ropes and horses and all that 'get up' goats pretty much functioned on their own and could usually respond to a whistle. And I dont need to tell you that I know way too many wing nuts! Wing nuts that could barely get there on time, let alone be effective, and wing nuts come from all walks of life! Are you a wing nut or do you wear your mamas slippers? Or are you some goat nut devil thingy that no one wants to talk about?



Bean dip sounds like one of those terms. How would you like it if someone called you 'bean dip'? I would want to start kickin' some donkey butt if I heard that tossed at me.



Bean dip with mixed chips. Its as good as it gets.

23 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

Because it's all about context....

Marjie said...

I know some wing nuts. And some loony toons, too. Some folks would doubtless call me a loony toon, but not a wing nut.

My kids have seen bean dip at college. They call it bean paste. Chips never last long enough hereabouts for me to make dips.

Christo Gonzales said...

jeanne: perspective is right and it all depends if you are up stream or down stream

marjie: I would not exactly call you a loony toon but you probably have your detractors along with with your ....not detractors?

It is paste and I never liked growing up...I make it now because 'people' like it....? not my choice.

Christo Gonzales said...

jeanne: whoops - some kind of slip there - I meant to say 'context'......

Joie de vivre said...

You are fascinating to me and so funny.

Goat Yoda said...

Then there's 'Dew Flicker', which by defintition, is the goat that keeps getting its' head stuck in the fence.:-)

Christo Gonzales said...

joie: why?

yoda: There's about two things you could say..two of them are kinda ok and the other one isnt.

Ken said...

Now I can't wait till I get the chance to tell someone, "Don't be such a bean dip"

Anette said...

Since I'm not so familiar with these "wing nut"s I've got nothing. Unless you want to learn a norwegian phrase for "not so brave": tøffel-helt. translated it means slipper hero, and that kind of explain what kind of hero we're talking about.
Followed your link and went sightseeing in your home town! (helped by the little yellow man on google maps)

The Blonde Duck said...

I am a princess!

Love the SW theme you've been going with lately...

Anonymous said...

That is a great post for bean dip! I think I'll try calling others bean dip today and see how it goes over:)

buffalodick said...

In Michigan, you're a Yooper(resident of the upper pennisula) or a troll (resident of lower pennisula- lives below the Mackinaw bridge!)

Christo Gonzales said...

micky-T: well 'hoser' would set em' right off - dont-cha think?

anette: I think I would rather be called a wing nut than a slippery hero - a tøffel-helt sounds like a sucky job.

TBD: OK then, my bad. Well I am from the SW...so I do channel it now and again

starr: or you could call them 'clam shell' and see what they say-my guess is either one is the same..

buff: I'm not sure I like either one...on the jersey shore and there-a-bouts they call tourists - 'shoo bees'

Harmony said...

That is really dark bean dip..black beans?

Hmmm...I don't know what one would call me..I mean I am not a wing nut, but I do procrastinate. Goats sound easy to deal with...but boy do they stink. I guess I am a loopy weirdo. *shrugs*

Thanks for the links...I enjoyed the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Bean dip - YUM!!! Melted cheese on top?

Anonymous said...

Bean dip - YUM!!! Melted cheese on top?

Anonymous said...

I would hate to be called Boston Butt.

Just telling it like it is said...

Hey I was the wing man this weekend but I would have loved to be the wing nut...or at least see a nut...

Anonymous said...

Mmmm yum this bean dip looks sooo good. And I am sure that my husband may have called me "Bean Dip" at least once.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I like the phrase "goat roper" -- never heard it before but I'm going to start using it on people!!!!

tavolini said...

mmmmmm. bean dip. I love some beans, any way I can get them!

Tanya Kristine said...

i like bean dip.

Chef E said...

Now that was a blast from the past...Goat Roper, yeah I hung out with a few of them from Agriculture class, even dated one!

I was always the cook and wing woman for years...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin