Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

black is the new white



T
inta de Calamar or squid ink, depending on where you are from, makes a great looking pasta. So I made some great looking pasta and then sauced it off with a little creamy carrot and salmon, how bad can that be?



Squid ink is so cool, a little bit can go a long way.



The pasta was perfect in texture and the color was even and the flavor mild.



Even though it started off as a road to nowhere.



Grab a fork, have a seat and indulge.

11 comments:

Kitt said...

Fun! It sure looks good. Can't say I've ever eaten anything flavored with squid ink.

Does it stain everything it touches?

Gina said...

that is sooooo cool....black pasta.....doggy you are unique....

Anonymous said...

that looks so good!

Christo Gonzales said...

kitt: way fun...it washes off hands easy I dont know about anything else

gina: black IS beautiful!

healthydelicious: and thats just the half of it!

Anonymous said...

Very neat! And a gorgeous picture!

Chef E said...

This is cool, hubby wishes I would do a squid ink thing, but I have not thought about it...our noodles almost look similar in color...we do have this connected food thought thing you know...

snugs said...

oh wow, black pasta..it is beautiful. Does it change the flavor? IS it fishy?

Christo Gonzales said...

5 star: thanks - the flavor was so sublime

chef e: I still think its because we live in the same climate..LOL

snugs: nope - very mild if at all..

buffalodick said...

Good color contrast with the foods!

Mo Diva said...

I love that! What kind of sauce did u use on the sauce???

Sandra said...

After reading this I told my family about it and they said EWW Squid ink. Me? I say pass the plate I'll give it a whirl........

Blog Widget by LinkWithin