Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

easy breezy waffles


Keeping it super simple, no fruit, no whipped cream, nothing fancy just straight waffles. Well not that straight, these waffles have a strawberry and banana puree mixed into the batter, I guess I can only take 'simple' so far. This is for you Anette, ekte hÄndlagde vafler.

Then to make it even less simple, these are heart shaped waffles, hey gimme a break my square waffle iron is inconsistent in its output (translates to; they stick and dont come out nice) This waffler is cast iron and it holds the heat well, my other one is some kind of aluminum alloy type thing and it is very fickle, I did manage to get a nice one out of it today as a test but the shape of these is so much nicer.


I smashed up the fruit and then made the batter, pouring in a small ladle full and then crossing my fingers.

Sometimes a little rabbits foot luck pays off.


After making about ten of these it was time for a little butter and syrup, we didnt eat all ten, these go into the fridge or freezer and get popped in the toaster oven for school day breakfasts.

17 comments:

Kitt said...

Yum. I'd like some right now, please!

Waffles are a great make-ahead meal. Does the kid have access to a toaster at school? I make them to take to work and toast them to crisp them up. Another meal that makes the cow-orkers jealous.

snugs said...

trying to get back in the young pups good graces after that mess of beans huh?

monica said...

I checked this out with my 10 year old daughter hanging over my shoulder - and her only comment was.. mmmmmmmm...!! that says it all doesn't it?

Christo Gonzales said...

kitt: no toaster at school that I know of, he eats these before he goes..nothing beats the jealous co-worker...hahaha

snugs: those beans are long gone and forgotten - he wont remember them unless I make them again (not happening)

monica: that is the best compliment - my boy is ten and he ate three with a side of bacon (not all at once -one at a time)

buffalodick said...

Freakin' cool waffle iron!Waffles looked killer! We had French Toast today, from that Home-made bread I did... Hit the spot! Half Mrs Butterworth, half Canadian maple syrup for sauce..

Joy said...

Pretty and yummy! I like the idea of adding the purees.

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: sounds tasty, when I mix syrup like that I also throw in a little butter and hit the whole thing with the microwave ----

joy: purees make the world go 'round, I have a lot of secrets I am only now revealing - it is a blog after all!

Marjie said...

Waffles are a breakfast staple in my house. I often use mashed bananas, strawberries in summer. I tried shredded apples last weekend, and they were mighty fine! I've never frozen and toasted them. Sounds too much like work to me.

Anonymous said...

that is the coolest waffle maker ever! and i agree, strawberry and banana waffles are definitely a necessity at the breakfast table :) yours look delicious!

Christo Gonzales said...

marjie: I freeze ripe anything and then use it for smoothies and in this case waffles - so freezer waffles just seems right - but wait YOU would have to make SEVERAL dozen...

megan: thanks and welcome - I saw your cookies the other day (not what you think - you dirty minds out there)

Angel said...

you only made 10?...dang, that wouldn't get it in MY house!!! Just wait till the Pup is a little older....uh huh....

and what the hell are you doin callin me at 10:30 PM??? I'M SLEEPING DOG!!!!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love waffles! Oh how I love waffles! Waffle waffle waffle!

Christo Gonzales said...

beth: you are fired! I will find a new tonto....

TBD: wffffffff wfffffff waffle....I hear you loud and clear!

Mandi said...

Gotta love the pop into the toaster idea!!! I love waffles too - so I really seriously am going to think about 'us', or I may end up the size of a barn!!!!

Have a great week Doggie.

Anette said...

I can't believe that I didn't notice this post!! I've been so busy preparing for a girls party yesterday ! What a great vaffeljern you've got! The waffles looks absolutely perfect!

Christo Gonzales said...

mandi: "we" will be fine....

anbette: now all is right with the universe - I was wondering how you missed this also....

CreativeMish said...

I made waffles for my grandson this weekend. They were pretty blah compared to yours!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin