Pages

Thursday, October 02, 2008

bonsai burgers

http://www.indoor-bonsai-tree.com/Bonsai.jpg

Ever really looked at a Bonsai tree, I mean really, really looked at one? They are so cool. They are perfect, exact minatures of what a big tree should look like, I say 'should' because the Bonsai is sculpted and crafted to look better than its big counterpart. Bonsai is not a type of tree it is the method in which the trees are grown, so many species of plants and trees can be cultivated in this method. I am always so captivated when I see these trees, they take my mind into some magical fairyland.
http://www.lightscapephoto.com/images/MagicalWatersHorizLowerSubwayTN2.jpg
Speaking of magical fairylands I made mini burgers. What is it about shot glasses and small foods that make you consume more than usual?


I came across these perfect little rolls at the bakery the other day and I wanted to make some sliders, these magical babies have a secret inside. I made two ultra thin patties and and placed a hunk of cheddar between them and sealed them shut, while the burger cooked the cheese got ooey gooey and delicious. I cant see making them any other way. See the cheese trying to escape its hot burger prison?

13 comments:

buffalodick said...

I agree on the tree, and agree on the burgers too!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's such a good idea! Love it!

Todd Camplin said...

Bonsai Burgers in paradise. My friend has a Bonsia that he works on to past the time. There is a whole tool kit to take care of them. Some are several generations old.

tavolini said...

oooh--surprise inside! Those look great! You should put them next to something large for size reference :)

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: so we are in accord then....

blonde duck: I copied it from somewhere...hmmm

todd: sounds like a fun hobby

tavolini: dinner rolls, you know the size of a.........dinner roll.

Angel said...

tell me, why do they call them "sliders"?

my step-mom grew bonsai trees....they were beautiful.

CreativeMish said...

Love the mini burger idea! I would love to escape to the magical fairly land . LOL!

Joy said...

I've wondered that, too. Why do they call them sliders?

Christo Gonzales said...

michelle: escaped...you are.

joy: Beth: - sliders. I think its a pittsburgh thing....not sure

....

tavolini said...

I thought "sliders" was a white castle reference. Yours look much better than white castle!

Doggy--sheeze--dinner rolls come in all sizes. I have seen many LARGE dinner rolls and many TINY dinner rolls...

snowelf said...

I think I come here just to drool... I don't even like burgers and those look sooo good and sound so yummy with all their hidden cheese goodness.
And your mushroom heaven post splatted a big smile across my face. Too funny, DoggyB!

--snow

Kitt said...

I'd eat that!

Most of the time, regular burgers are just Too Much for me. But one or two little ones would be just right. Especially with cheesy centers.

Christo Gonzales said...

pro-portion.....lini tavo or who ever....its a dinner bun...a regular little dinner bun, with small tomatoes and onions....do you see it yet?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin