Pages

Saturday, October 04, 2008

goat log



I have the biggest log of goat cheese known to man. I have in my grips a kilo of goat cheese, thats 2 and a quarter pounds folks. My mind has been racing with ideas and creations and just a bunch of whatevers will I do with this goat mine. My cheese shop secret from many years ago is now a secret known by all, I guess thats a good thing since the prices have stayed great and the cheese turnover is so massive they can always offer a deal. Its a little like when your favorite band goes mainstream, they are still good and they are still your favorite but now everyone knows.



Does that give some perspective, its bigger than the sink and as big as Bananas arm.



Its bigger than two pieces of cinnamon raisin toast. Its Huge. Now what will I do? Answer is - tons.



Look at some pictures in my bathroom while pondering the goatness.



This one is my favorite.


This guy takes an interesting shot, tell me what you think?

11 comments:

Kitt said...

I hear goat cheese is good for your skin.

Emily said...

Yes, that is biggest log of goat cheese I've ever seen!
How EVER are you going to use it all?

You should baked a pizza crust, smear the cheese on, then top it with something. Figs? Prosciutto?

Maggie said...

That is a huge amount of cheese! You should make a big goat cheese cheesecake!

Maggie said...

I really love the last painting. Do you know the name of it to see if prints are available?

Anette said...

I bet you're going to show us a few of your goat cheese creations! I look forward to see it! The guy you linked us to had really good photos!

buffalodick said...

Cow, goat, sheep, buffalo milks all make great cheeses! Never met one I wouldn't eat- except Bier Kase...

snugs said...

that is one ginormous log :)

Christo Gonzales said...

kitt: then I am gonna have some dang nice skin

emiline: that sounds good...I was also thinking - souffle

maggie: ooohh cheese cake sound delicious - I dont know the name and the only markings are the symbols on the lower left

anette: his photos are pretty cool, he is a neighbor....

buffD: bier kase is good in bier kase country...it isnt so good from the grocery store...

snug: what are you talking about?...LOL well its smaller now!

CreativeMish said...

That is alot of cheese!!
Great perspective of the bee on the finger..

tavolini said...

wow, that's a LOT of cheese. Are you going to make a pizza? Goat cheese, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives...

Maggie said...

oh my—I saw those at the store and was afraid to buy them. Enjoying reading what you did with all that goat cheese.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin