Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

foodbuzz



I was invited out to dinner to meet some foodbuzz people. You might have seen the colorful new widgets along the side of my blog, well thats foodbuzz, click on one and check them out, you can even join, they have only just launched and here is some of the press release:

San Francisco – October 13, 2008: Foodbuzz, Inc., officially inaugurates its food blogger community...Foodbuzz is the only online community with content created exclusively by food bloggers and rated by foodies. The site offers more than 20,000 pieces of new food and dining content weekly, including recipes, photos, blog posts, videos and restaurant reviews. Members decide the “tastiness” of each piece of content by voting and “buzz” the most popular posts to the top of the daily menu of submissions. Foodbuzz currently logs over 13 million monthly page views and over three million monthly unique visitors.

Where did we meet? Spice Market, you might have heard of this place it is Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s take on the street foods of Southeast Asia.



What did we eat? A tasting menu of delights, dutifully prepared for us and diligently delivered by a disproportionate amount of servers, say that three times fast!




I wont bother with all the dishes but this is the cod and it was tasty.



The chicken.



The dessert.

It was a nice evening filled with food, wine and conversation and a great opportunity to meet some other food bloggers, Stacy posted a slide show of the evening if you care to check it out.

19 comments:

buffalodick said...

Sounds great! Keep it up, and you're bound to run into Pinknest!

Harmony said...

Looks fantastic...I wish I was a food blogger, but I could never live up to it...so sad. But that's why I come here...

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: I thought she would have been at this event....

harmony: you can still join as a spectator and a consumer of food (you do that dont you?) and still come here too....

Stacey Snacks said...

Hi Christo.

I have linked your blog on my blog post today about the foodbuzz dinner.
It was so nice to meet you!
One of the highlights of the evening!
Regards, Stacey Snacks

Joy said...

Yes, I might not cook boldly and passionately, but I do like to order!

Anette said...

Ah! I bet you enjoyed yourself!

snugs said...

how exciting & fun..but did you behave yourself?

Christo Gonzales said...

stacy: thanks and the same to you...

joy: thats just as good

anette: and you are right, I did

snugs: top drawer all the way....

Mandi said...

Looks like you had fun!!!! The photos and slideshow were great. I saw on Stacey's blog she had the privlige of sitting next to you!!!! Work your magic!!!! I am glad you had a great time, thats what its about.

urban vegan said...

It's a strange and magical thing, isn't it--meeting other bloggers? They/we almost seem like cartoon characters until we meet. And sup and drink wine together.

We try so hard to make these pages smell and taste good. But there's nothing like good ol', real-time 3-D.

ayamlin said...

Oh! it looks fabulous!
tonight I already had dinner.
but I could eat if you served them!

Christo Gonzales said...

mandi: It was only half the turnout expected but nice anyway

UrbanV: It is interesting putting a face to the avatar (as the case may be) some people still hang on to their screen names afraid to divulge the real name using the excuse -"you never know" Funny thing this evolution in our society when EVERYONE is now an AKA.

ayamilin: you are having BBQ and seeing nice trees, I would trade with you

tavolini said...

wow--looks good! I haven't checked out foodbuzz yet.

Anonymous said...

Why...oh why did i have to work on that day!?

Christo Gonzales said...

swan: it was nice meeting you too..and sharing a kulfi...

tavolini: check it out - join - its chock full of info and probably even info in your area - mention me if you join...

zen chef: I kept checking the door to see if you were going to walk in...

Anonymous said...

THis looks really fun! Can't wait for my trip to Manhattan.

Chef E said...

Wow, glad you enjoyed it, sounds like my kind of experience!

Ela said...

glad to know i am in good company with foodbuzz...

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of hombre who passions to taste bran-new things. Presently I'm making my own solar panels. I'm managing it all alone without the help of my staff. I am using the net as the only way to acheive this. I ran across a truly awesome website which explains how to create solar panels and wind generators. The site explains all the steps involved in solar panel building.

I am not sure about how precise the data given there is. If some guys over here who had xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the page it will be awesome and I would highly appreciate it, cauze I truly like solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U guys rock.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin