Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

horizon

http://largeanimalveterinarian.com/Images/Products/avocado.jpg

Should I freak you out and tell you whats looming on the goat cheese horizon? Ok I will. First off its going to be a little appetizer of goat cheese wrapped up in fig leaves and grilled till the leaf is charred, yup I have a fig tree nearby that I can get some leaves for all you fig afficionados. Second its going to be a napoleon of avocado, sauteed hen of the woods mushroom and goat cheese as another little appy.

http://shuzak.com/Personal/Blog/uploaded_images/NapoleonStart%20copy-704617.jpg

You know napoleon - stacked

Thirdly it will be a pizza a la Tavolini with calamata olives, goat cheese and I am not sure what else. My big bummer is the fig/walnut/goat cheese combo will not be included since I am sadly allergic to walnuts, but if I wasnt it would be an arugula salad with those nuts and stuff and a drizzle of truffle oil, I could still do it but the arugula is faintly walnutty and it screams for that walnut flavor. There is always a souffle and cheesecake too, lets see. Thats what I have so far....

14 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey - back in the land of the living - well sort of.....can you make me a rasberry cheesecake please.......yum..........

snugs said...

My favorite salad is baby greens, mandarin orange slices, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, sliced avacado & goat cheese. Toss with dressing of 1/2 c EVOO, 1/4 c white balsamic vinegar, 1 T honey, salt and pepper..sweetie, you've got enough goat cheese to feed the darn troops :)
then I also love goat cheese drenched in jalepano or habernero (sp?) jelly on sturdy crackers..
however, it is better that your rather large log of that cheese goes to your thighs instead of mine..enjoy it.

Christo Gonzales said...

mandi: I am going to give it that ol' ballpark try and see if I can whip up a cheesecake

snugs: you, my new friend, are pretty darn specific, lets see what we can do....I think my thighs are immune or whatever and are yours.

Barrie said...

I should not read your blog when I am hungry!

monica said...

There is a huge difference between the french goat cheese and the norwegian one. To broaden your horizon check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gjetost

Both are delicious - but many people claim that you must be brought up in Norway to appreciate the Norwegian goat cheese - Brunost.

Angel said...

all of that crap sounds fabulous...as does Snugs suggestion.....gawd, it's too early in the morning for this....

Christo Gonzales said...

barrie: I feel like that when I read your blog...I get all hungry for words...its true

monica: gjetost is more of a dry cheese isnt it? it seems aged and smoked- I have had it- this is a chevre that is more soft and fresh

beth: that crap is gonna be real good...

buffalodick said...

Pretty gourmet today, aren't we? Sounds good!

The Blonde Duck said...

That picture of the avacado is so striking!

urban vegan said...

I adore figs, but haven't tasted a good one yet this year. *sigh*

That is one big-azz goat cheese log you're dealing with!

Emily said...

That sucks that you're allergic to walnuts.
I like the way you think, though. The appetizers sound great!

Christo Gonzales said...

buff: sounds like it but its still lil' ol' me

the blonde duck: I had a different one up last night...very risque

urban vegan: the figs that came off this tree were the best but we have had some decent figs pass through NYC

emiline: I just wish I could bake, I am a sub par baker....

tavolini said...

lol, Napoleon is totally stacked :)

I'm excited to see these!! I might have to make a sourdough crusted pizza in tribute to your goat cheese!

Michelle Ann said...

So glad others have joined the fig addiction... Of recent, I have been enjoying ours drizzled with wild honey and a glass of sauvignon blanc. Bliss...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin